Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-12-2011, 10:42 PM   #21 
Silverfang

If the tips are clear/whitish it's most likely fin growth you're seeing.
Nice boy to save, he looks great. Have to agree with the stressed out part. Maybe just give him some time, some dark (I know you're trying to keep him warm but the dark can help them calm down). Hope he perks up under your care.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 11:24 PM   #22 
kif3

a hint with keeping him dark and warm is wrap his tank in some clothing (possibly black) and stilll have the light on the tank, therefore he is dark and the heat should still get through. ^^ goodluck with it all :3
kif3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:03 AM   #23 
LeroyTheBetta

I agree with silverfang. I saw the photo of Cross and didn't think that he had fin rot. The white tips are just new growth I believe, too.

Good luck with him!
LeroyTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:16 AM   #24 
RnB

Thank you so much for the advice, everyone! Kif, We took your advice explicitly.

See?

Well... Actually it might be a tad difficult. Thats two black shirts totally wrapped around his little tank, except for the slight air hole at the top, with my 40 watt desk lamp shining into the tank. Think that'll work for him?

Speaking of him! Here is a better picture of our newest boy, looking pretty, (Right before i made him sad and netted him. D; )

And last, but not least, here is our first boy. FABIO!!! (he felt bad because he wasn't getting as much 'Press' as the new guy.)

(The only good close up my Girlfriend could get..he is elusive.)

And here is a better look at the Fab-ster!

Alright, picture time is over! Its about time to head to bed. We're gonna leave Cross in his set up until tomorrow afternoon, hopefully that will keep him warm and hopefully it will be dark enough.
RnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:54 AM   #25 
bahamut285

Cross looks VERY handsome! Fabio looks very nice as well~ !

I personally never use a net for bettas, I usually use the cup that they came in to take them in and out of tanks, it's less stressful on them and you won't run the risk of damaging their fins.

I hope he gets better! <333
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:06 AM   #26 
Sakura8

Cross is such a stunning lipstick red! And Fabio has a gorgeous blend of colors, subtle yet flashy. YourWal-Mart was actually fined? Sigh, all the Wal-Marts should be fined, fined until they fine-lly get a clue. At my Wal-Mart, there's a little sink next to the fish tanks. I'm so tempted to just smuggle some water conditioner into my purse and quietly change the water at the sink. I'd even carry each cup to the drinking fountain clear across the store.

Good luck with Cross!
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:52 PM   #27 
PewPewPew

You so punny.

I'd let him have the salt treatment for a few more days, then would stop him on it. Adding it for that time helps fight off the baddies that may have hurt him in his rank cup, as well as help de-stress him.

that set up will be fine, but dont let the shirt get too hot! Dont want a fire D;

I like Fabio's tail, looks g00d :D
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:42 PM   #28 
RobertTheFish

He's probably jumpy because he has more room than he's ever had and a larger view as well. I would keep him in muted light during the day, and complete darkness at night.

Throw the smaller size of this heater in there and it will keep him at a stable 78 Fahrenheit. I use it at my office and office fishie Brad is a happy camper. You can't leave the light on all the time, so his temp is dropping at night and rising in the daytime.

Marina Submersible Mini Aquarium Heaters
http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...=Aquarium+Size
RobertTheFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:50 AM   #29 
Sakura8

How's Cross doing today? I hope much better but I considering he's out of that Wal-Mart cup, he's got to be feeling happy.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 06:12 AM   #30 
kif3

yes they do look fabulous xD
i hope it works well for him ^^ i use that technique to help keep the tank warm on cold winter nights and sometimes colder winter days ;p XD :3 goodluck dont forget to keep us posted! ^^
kif3 is offline   Reply With Quote