Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-17-2011, 03:31 PM   #1 
betta247

Should I be worried

I have just had my first betta delivered today. When taking him out of the packaging I discovered that he looked extremely off colour. I wasn't too worried about this as I keep tropical fish and know that being subjected to darkness can result in loss of colour and also the stress of the journey can't have helped either. So I acclimatised him to the tank before releasing him into his new home. He imediatley began exploring his surroundings and began to regain his colour and really picked up and looked quite happy. But 3 hours later I found him resting on top of the filter he has been there now for nearly 2 hours. Should I be worried or is he just resting like they do on leaves?
betta247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 03:38 PM   #2 
Ajones108

He's most likely just resting, or has a little bit of water shock. When you receive packaged bettas that have been in the dark it is usually best to let them acclimate in a dark room with little light for a few hours. I would turn his tank light off if it is on and leave it off for a little while so he feels more secure.
Ajones108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 03:55 PM   #3 
betta247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajones108 View Post
He's most likely just resting, or has a little bit of water shock. When you receive packaged bettas that have been in the dark it is usually best to let them acclimate in a dark room with little light for a few hours. I would turn his tank light off if it is on and leave it off for a little while so he feels more secure.
Thanks, have had the light off in the tank all day and have had the blinds down in the room. He looks quite healthy its just the fact that he has been layed across the top of the filter for quite a while that had me worried.
betta247 is offline   Reply With Quote