Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-13-2011, 09:30 PM   #11 
Seka

Thanks, it looks even better in person. The anubias, swords, and the little bit of the java fern left are all over a month old. The anubias and swords doubled in size. All the other plants are less than a week old, with the water wisteria only a few hours. I actually got a second water wisteria for free today because I only wanted one, and they had two. I told the saleslady that I felt sorry for the one left behind 'cause now it's lonely, and she put it in the bag and said that no one will know. I can't wait for them to grow.

Can you believe the large centerpiece is actually on clearance/sale? I don't know if it's just my petsmart, but it might be nationwide. Plus the centerpiece works great to anchor the plants that don't do well if you bury them in the substrate.
Seka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:54 PM   #12 
PewPewPew

Hear that OP!!! Id jump on that, tee hee. I want one.

Thats cute...Its lonely! :P
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 09:36 AM   #13 
Impolite

I was going to use the lame 10 gallon and plant it... but now I got someone getting my mollies and then hopefully my angel... but when they're gone, I have a perfect 10 gal with decor!Name:  redtank.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  55.3 KB
this is the one my mom likes the most haha. I was thinking on the little rock thing with the fake waterfall looking thing... (the decor to the right of the volcano) some java moss, tied on of course and let it grow around it.
But it has a dark look to it anyways and doesn't recieve much light... all because it looks good dark. if I attached java moss to the volcano, would it grow in the hole and stop the bubbles? the rocks on bottom, which you can barely see, are natural color and a lot have surfaced to the top with cleanings, so it's red and mixed, very very pretty... looks good with the volcano scene :) and those big black rocks.... yeah there might be more of them.
Impolite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 09:37 AM   #14 
Impolite

and I would take out that little nemo one and move the volcano over and move the waterfall piece more to the center in the front and place some big driftwood on the right.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:09 PM   #15 
Seka

I have the same waterfall looking thingy, and my Betta loves that thing. I really like the overall red look of the tank. It's different, but it looks good. I think it's a great idea to move things over and add a larger driftwood piece so that it gives you some height in the tank, and you can even use it to hide the filter or heater so you don't have to stare at it.

There's another trick to hide the filter; I don't know if you can see in the photo of my tank. If most of your filter is on the outside of the tank, put a blank piece of paper between it and the tank on the outside, and the paper blends in with the wall. This also helps if your betta sees his reflection in the filter and you don't want him flaring constantly.
Seka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 07:36 PM   #16 
Impolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seka View Post
I have the same waterfall looking thingy, and my Betta loves that thing. I really like the overall red look of the tank. It's different, but it looks good. I think it's a great idea to move things over and add a larger driftwood piece so that it gives you some height in the tank, and you can even use it to hide the filter or heater so you don't have to stare at it.

There's another trick to hide the filter; I don't know if you can see in the photo of my tank. If most of your filter is on the outside of the tank, put a blank piece of paper between it and the tank on the outside, and the paper blends in with the wall. This also helps if your betta sees his reflection in the filter and you don't want him flaring constantly.
I haven't had bettas around it at all, but all my fish ignore all the decor, except my catfish and his cave. Anyways, my filter saddens me! It's an in-tank whisper 10-30i. It does a good job of feeding, it's just a PAIN IN THE ASS! I'm actualy going to put the topfin one in there, the kind with the little stem thing that goes in and the rest hangs on the outside when I get rid of my mollies and angel, because I'm thinking of moving it to the display area instead of my boring tank. :)
Old 06-15-2011, 07:46 AM   #17 
Wyvern

All I can say is listen to Pew! She rocks :P I went thru her planted advice thread and my 10g is looking amazing. Altho my glosso and bacopa m., is turning a little yellow. Not to sure why maybe to much light (since I dont have a timer and I forgot to turn the lights off at 10pm :P)

But this is how i scaped my tank - its a fake tree in there since I havent found the right kind of looking driftwood. My terracotta pots will go in this weekend - the marine glue has cured so its time to add it. (I glued the little holes shut on the back of the terracotta to prevent fishies getting stuck)

Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:18 AM   #18 
fishman12

Can't see the pic.
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:38 AM   #19 
Wyvern

Lemme try again. I was blond and used the wrong link :P

Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 11:11 AM   #20 
fishman12

lol Nice tank