Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-12-2011, 11:31 PM   #1 
Luimeril

Unhappy i think Cup has parasites. D:

i went ahead and fed Cup a teeny bit of pea, to help him poo. it's always worked fine before, and i've only done it maybe twice before, and the slice of pea was barely bigger than a flea. i waited and stalked his tank with a flash light all day, waiting to see the tell-tale Huge Poo.

well... he pooed. twice. one, is teeny, and normal colored.

the other.... is gross. x: best way i can describe it, and i do apologize for how gross this is, but it's the color of snot. kinda... pale yellowy-white. really gross. D:

i'm guessing my poor boy's belly is huge because of worms? i'd take a pic, but my camera and my comptuer aren't on speaking terms(aka, my computer is once again derping up and making me mad ).

i have Jungle brand parasite tablets. should i chop one up and treat him with it? i hate using it, though. last time i did, was when i thought Gackt had parasites, and he ended up getting popeye and dieing the next day. >.>;
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:51 AM   #2 
Sakura8

I'm not really seeing much of an option but medication now, Luimeril. If you think you can get to a store soon, you can get medicated fish pellets. Those would help. Otherwise, try the Jungle Labs if you feel comfortable with it. And maybe Gackt died of a different reason and the parasite meds was just a coincidence.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:15 PM   #3 
Luimeril

i know Gackt died of a different reason than the tabs. he, like Hyde, was poisoned by a not-safe container. x-x it's just my super paranoid mind. :d

i'm giving him a little while longer. he hasn't pooed since those two tiny ones, but seems a touch less bloated. still floaty and often goes on his side, though. D:
Old 06-13-2011, 09:43 PM   #4 
Sakura8

I suppose you could always give him another teeeeny bit of pea. It seemed to help the last time.
Old 06-14-2011, 02:43 PM   #5 
Luimeril

well, today he's looking SO much better! MUCH smaller! and, he's even got a poo hanging out. >3>; i was super worried, because it looked like he was starting to pinecone, but today i checked on him, and he's not floaty, and his belly looks MUCH smaller! >3< he's also ALOT more active today! go, Cup! you can do it!
Old 06-14-2011, 02:55 PM   #6 
Sakura8

Keep going, Cup, keep going! Get it all out!

I'm so glad he's shrinking! Yay! I was really hoping he would, you've worried so much over him.
Old 06-14-2011, 02:58 PM   #7 
Luimeril

it's hard not to think of these little guys as family, after you've had them so long. x: now that Cup's doing better, i can worry myself sick over Chappy and Caroline. well... more for Caroline. Chappy's been alot more active lately. x: