- What size is your tank? 10 gal
- What temperature is your tank? Not sure..
- Does your tank have a filter? It did, but the current was too much for my girls.
- Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration? Has an air stone, yes.
- Is your tank heated? Not at the moment.
- What tank mates does your betta fish live with? I have 3 other fish in with her right now who clearly have ich as well, and a couple ghost shrimp..
- What type of food do you feed your betta fish? Betta pellets (can't remember what brand) and flakes for her other tankmates. Not sure if she eats them..
How often do you feed your betta fish? Once a day.
- How often do you perform a water change? Haven't needed to until recently, going to be doing it today.
- What percentage of the water do you change when you perform a water change? I'll have to do 100% to clean the tank today, after that probably 50%
- What type of additives do you add to the water when you perform a water change? a water conditioner.
- Have you tested your water? If so, what are the following parameters? Did not test the water..
Symptoms and Treatment
- How has your betta fish's appearance changed? Tiny white spots all over one side.
- How has your betta fish's behavior changed? It hasn't.
- When did you start noticing the symptoms? Last night.. It probably showed up sometime yesterday afternoon...
- Have you started treating your fish? If so, how? Not yet, just woke up.. couldn't do it last night, as it was 2am and my toddler was asleep in the same room.
- Does your fish have any history of being ill? No
- How old is your fish (approximately)? I'm not sure. Petstore girl.
Adding; My girl was with 4 other girls, who I put in another container..
Can I clean the tank and all it's decoration/rock with hot hot water and then put the healthy (looking, anyways) girls in the tank and quarantine her? What about the other fish (tetra+platy) or the shrimp? Can shrimp get ich?..
How do I heal her?.. I do have 2 heaters that aresupposed to be automatically set to 78, but they always stay around 73-74 (they're in 2 of my boys' tanks)