Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-14-2011, 02:42 PM   #11 
Luimeril

clean, warm water, and an Indian Almond Leaf, if you can get some. :3 Cup used to always blow his tail by over flaring, but the leaves help the tails and fins grow back super fast. x:
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 02:49 PM   #12 
Brutus

Hello all,

I need HELP!! i found my fish caught in a hole of an aquarium decorative clay pot he likes to curl up in saturday morning. he was half way threw an opening at the base and was stuck. I pushed him back threw but he was injured on his back, lost part of his dorsal fin and one of his belly fins. I isolated him in a very small glass soup bowl because he was exhausted and was unable to swim to the surface, he kept nose diving. Since the wound on his back seems to have healed but he has not eaten since Friday and just lost the other damaged belly fin.. what can I do
Brutus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 02:50 PM   #13 
Luimeril

x: you shouldn't hijack other people's threads. but, try to get him to eat. some report that soaking pellets in fresh garlic juice gets them to eat. and, how did you treat his wound?
Old 06-14-2011, 02:54 PM   #14 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
Hello all,

I need HELP!! i found my fish caught in a hole of an aquarium decorative clay pot he likes to curl up in saturday morning. he was half way threw an opening at the base and was stuck. I pushed him back threw but he was injured on his back, lost part of his dorsal fin and one of his belly fins. I isolated him in a very small glass soup bowl because he was exhausted and was unable to swim to the surface, he kept nose diving. Since the wound on his back seems to have healed but he has not eaten since Friday and just lost the other damaged belly fin.. what can I do
Hi Brutus, welcome to the forum. Do you know where the sticky is? Fill that out and start a thread and we'll be able to help out. I hope we can get your guy back to health. Hang in there!
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 02:56 PM   #15 
Brutus

Sorry :) I just found this and don't know the rules and could find where to post - i guess its a new thread. I did not treat the wound other that putting him in a smaller container to allow him to rest. ( I don't know what to do). I adopted him for the office when his owner was fired. Thank you for the advise. I called the pet stores in my area and no one could help me. I will try the garlic tip.
Old 06-14-2011, 02:57 PM   #16 
Luimeril

to do it, Brutus, you crush a piece of garlic and soak the pellets in the juice that comes out. :3 but, to get more help, you should start your own thread for your betta. :3
Old 06-14-2011, 02:57 PM   #17 
Brutus

Thanks i will search the sticky :)
bye
Old 06-14-2011, 03:00 PM   #18 
ScarlettAngel

Good luck, hope it grows back ok. I'd feel so guilty :(
Posted via Mobile Device
ScarlettAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:09 PM   #19 
TwilightNite

Yes, warm water, frequent water changes,
and stress coat and Some TLC will do the trick.
And Welcome, hope he or she gets better!
TwilightNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 09:43 PM   #20 
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

I had a girl who had her anal fin completly bitten off! I placed her in QT for two weeks with decaf green tea (substitute for IAL) and epsom salt... high protien diet. Then she was switched to regular water in the QT as healing continued.

Her fin started to regrow clear. When it had mostly grown back, she was placed in a net fry saver in the main tank to finish her recovery. After about a month, most of the color had returned. Now, you'd never know she was so terribly injured. :)

Good luck to you and your betta! Hopefully, the recovery is speedy and full.
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy is offline   Reply With Quote