Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-16-2011, 02:29 AM   #31 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettame View Post
I guess I'm pretty old school (1990s). I like Sailor Moon, Vision of Escaflowne, Ruoni Kenshin, Beserk (anime was messed up!!). But I like anything that is CLAMP and I have all the Sailor Moon Manga. Oh yeah, I can't forget Hana Yori Dango (Boys Before Flowers). I read the scanlations (Boys before flowers) before the manga made it big in the US. My brother and I were total Otakus, I even dressed up as Tori from Fruits Basket when I went to Anime Expo.

I have long since stopped buying anime and manga, I guess the fish hobby has taken its place instead.

Hmm...that reminds me, my brother still has my manga. I guess I should call him to get back. See you guys later!!!
I'm old school too. Tenchi Muyo is the best. I liked Love Hina but Tenchi is the original harem story. Anyone ever see Saber Marionette J?
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 02:32 AM   #32 
masshiimarro

ooh, yay we finally have a thread for anime/manga~! i see a lot of anime/manga names on here for the fishes.. but no one ever talks about it

btw, anyone seen this season's anime yet?
masshiimarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 02:42 AM   #33 
Sakura8

I've seen bits and pieces on the Funimation channel (I get cable). Uhm, Black Butler is one, right? Corpse Princess, Dance in the Vampire Bund . . . Eden of the East. Probably more but I can't think of any right now. I think the most recent anime series I've watched is Moon Phase. Or School Rumble. Both are pretty new.
Old 06-16-2011, 03:02 AM   #34 
masshiimarro

ohh ive seen black butler, its interesting, and theres definitely fanservice~ well idk when the english ones on cable came out,, but black butler in terms of subs came out... 1 year ago? since season 2 for it is already completed.. do you watch subbed versions?
masshiimarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 03:31 AM   #35 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by masshiimarro View Post
ohh ive seen black butler, its interesting, and theres definitely fanservice~ well idk when the english ones on cable came out,, but black butler in terms of subs came out... 1 year ago? since season 2 for it is already completed.. do you watch subbed versions?
Sometimes. I really like watching both versions. If I'm lazy I watch the dub, though. And some I just prefer one or the other. Like Sakura Wars TV. I have to watch the sub because I love the seiyuu cast. But I have to watch Trigun in dub because I love Jonny Yong Bosch as Vash. He's such a good VA, not bad for a former Power Ranger. Oh man, yes I used to watch Power Rangers too. And Pokemon. And Yu-gi-oh. And Duel Masters. And *sigh* I didn't watch 'em when I was a kid, either, if you get my drift.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:27 AM   #36 
Arashi Takamine

XD I'm one of those fish-mom's who named her fishies after anime characters. My betta Akira is actually named after the Hikaru No Go character.
Which BTW Hikaru No Go = Best manga to read when stressed. So calming.
If you had to make me pick my favorite anime it would be a tough choice. Black Butler is definietly amongst though. (Akira was almost named after Sebastian Michaelis...He was really close to being Alois Trancy as well.)

I am definietly a shounen-ai/boy love fangirl though. I love the manga and anime Descendants of Darkness/ Yami No Matsuei. Sucks it didn't have more then thirteen episodes.

BTW being an anime and manga fan...What's the most feared question you've ever been asked by a non-anime fan?

(On the dub vs sub debate I swing both ways. I love the dubs because that way you can focus on your favorite battle scenes. I love the subs as well because some anime's no one wishes to dub. Like Season 0 of Yugioh. First subbed anime I seriously watch and still watch.)
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 06:56 AM   #37 
fightergirl2710

I get the Animax channel on TV, I barely watch that... Only Fushigi Yuugi, Yu Yu Hakusho and Cardcaptor Sakura, Escaflowne Kenshin and Cowboy Bebop was watched on that. :P Cowboy Bebop has to be the best anime that I've seen. Other anime I love would have to be Death Note (I can't manage to go through the manga), Samurai Champloo (for the style, not story) and Bleach Season 1 and 2 was good heheh..
Me love CLAMP! But the xxxHolic anime was not good, especially in dub. Fullmetal Alchemist is the only anime I've liked in the dub. I used to love watching Ninja Robots on Cartoon Network when I was a kid. It was the awesomest thing ever! I miss old Cartoon Network :(. I'm a big fan of 90s anime too! Shin chan and Kochikame in Hindi dub is extra fun btw! I like reading manga better than anime though... Right now I'm reading KHR, Bleach and Naruto at the moment. I enjoyed Fruits Basket, Tsubasa, Hellsing, RG Veda, Wallflower etc etc... Oh, and the Trinity Blood manga I ordered came today! Yay! I started reading manga for the styles (since I'm an art student etc) but I got hooked pretty fast!
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 06:58 AM   #38 
fightergirl2710

Oh ya! And I forgot Inuyasha ftw!
Old 06-16-2011, 11:14 AM   #39 
Sakura8

Arashi, I've been wondering about Hikaru no Go. When I read the plot synopsis, I thought, "A whole series about go? A chess game? Where's the excitement in that?" But the manga's so long-running I figure it's got to be exciting somehow.

Isn't it funny how many shounen-ai stories are written by females, though?

Fightergirl,
Have you ever read/seen Ranma 1/2? Read the manga first, then try some of the later seasons (4 and up) for the anime. The original English VA for male Ranma in the anime wasn't so good. Then they replaced her (yes a she as a voice for a he) with the same guy, Richard Cox, who does the voice of InuYasha.

Ooh, I also recommend Shakugan no Shana (mostly referred to as just Shana) for anime. The manga's so-so.
Old 06-16-2011, 01:51 PM   #40 
fightergirl2710

Omg! Ranma 1/2 was 20 times better than Inuyasha! I loooved it! I saw the anime first though, then read the manga... Animax again :P My sister is the shounen-ai fan, she keeps ruining my fav characters by making them make out in her fan arts And I shall check out Shana, I need something new to read now lol! I watched K-on recently as well, it was cute but I didn't see why it was so awesome.. And of course anything Ghibli is amazing :)