Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-16-2011, 01:40 PM   #41 
naturegirl243

Quote:
Originally Posted by youlovegnats View Post
OOhhhhh, what's it about? I like the title. <3
It's new the episodes are still coming out, it's about a boy who gets framed for killing his whole class(including his best friends) even though he doesn't he goes to this huge prison called deadman wonderland which also doubles as an amusment park.It's kind of hard to explain it's just really good I would suggest it to anyone as long as you don't mind blood but it's not that bad.
naturegirl243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 02:56 PM   #42 
Arashi Takamine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Arashi, I've been wondering about Hikaru no Go. When I read the plot synopsis, I thought, "A whole series about go? A chess game? Where's the excitement in that?" But the manga's so long-running I figure it's got to be exciting somehow.

Isn't it funny how many shounen-ai stories are written by females, though?

Fightergirl,
Have you ever read/seen Ranma 1/2? Read the manga first, then try some of the later seasons (4 and up) for the anime. The original English VA for male Ranma in the anime wasn't so good. Then they replaced her (yes a she as a voice for a he) with the same guy, Richard Cox, who does the voice of InuYasha.

Ooh, I also recommend Shakugan no Shana (mostly referred to as just Shana) for anime. The manga's so-so.
Hikaru No Go is exciting because it's based on a game that's been around for a thousand years. Go isn't quite like chess because to capture a stone you must surround it. The board for the players can easily become a warzone. I think it scares my parents whenever a friend and I set up the go board because we become totally silent when playing. Both the anime and manga have incredible style to it's art and it's just beautiful. The characters are deep as well. I recommend it to anyone looking for a good anime or manga to watch. I began watching it and seriously paid attention to the Go terms and what was happening. Slowly I learned to play Go from there with the help of a book as well. It's also a great way to get into a game not many people have heard of. (My dad always cheats though.)

XD I think too many boys are afraid to look at Shounen-Ai manga let alone write it. I think it's cool though how a lot of shounen-ai and yaoi manga are written by girls. The art style tends to be more gentle in some ways. I'm afraid to say the name of my favorite title for Shounen-ai because I don't want to corrupt the younger kids here. They can discover it for themselves.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 03:13 PM   #43 
copperarabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Arashi, I've been wondering about Hikaru no Go. When I read the plot synopsis, I thought, "A whole series about go? A chess game? Where's the excitement in that?" But the manga's so long-running I figure it's got to be exciting somehow.

Isn't it funny how many shounen-ai stories are written by females, though?

I love Hikaru no Go, I didn't think I liked it at first but I kept watching it and by the end of the series I thought it was awesome.

I kinda lost track of anime for a while and stopped watching it, then my brothers friend had me watch bleach, and then I got netflix XD and now I use animecrazy.net
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 03:23 PM   #44 
masshiimarro

i use anilinkz.com simply becuase its easier to keep track of when stuff is out.. the only thing i hate about anime sites are the ADs... so irritating and they always make the browser slow, esp when they talk. always get the ones about lysol or cold meds or something like that..

is anyone planning to go to some sort of convention this year?
masshiimarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 05:50 PM   #45 
Arashi Takamine

I want to go to Kollision Kon this year but...I don't know if I'll be able to. Whichever Con I'll be able to go will be my first...Ever.

ACEN's let me down too much.
Old 06-16-2011, 07:50 PM   #46 
Sakura8

Looks like I have a new series to get. I'll have to pick up the Hikaru no Go manga when I'm at the bookstore. I'm running out of reading material anyway. Not to mention shelf space.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 08:47 PM   #47 
Arashi Takamine

XD I need to get some new manga myself. I've run out of reading material. Black Butler is on my list of manga to get soon.

BTW anyone read the books some authors have put out about hit animes like Naruto and the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya?
Old 06-16-2011, 09:43 PM   #48 
youlovegnats

Just watched 8 episodes of Hell Girl....not a bad idea going on...but total lack of variety... -__-
youlovegnats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 10:03 PM   #49 
Arashi Takamine

I tried to watch an episode of Hell Girl...It was not to my tastes at all.

Say anyone here seen Ouran High School Host Club?
Old 06-16-2011, 10:38 PM   #50 
naturegirl243

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arashi Takamine View Post
I want to go to Kollision Kon this year but...I don't know if I'll be able to. Whichever Con I'll be able to go will be my first...Ever.

ACEN's let me down too much.
I went to ACEN this year it was my first con ever! I had a blast but that has alot to do with the guy I was hanging out with,I will admit I would have been lost and overwhemed without him <3
naturegirl243 is offline   Reply With Quote