Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-16-2011, 09:00 AM   #11 
Grundylady

What a beautiful boy! He'll be really beautiful when he colors up. I love the red body with the blue and red fins. (My boy has the blue body with the red and blue fins.)
Grundylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 05:53 PM   #12 
Sarahlydear

leoyys: Thanks :) since I’ll only be having a betta in college he’s going to be VERY spoiled and I plan on making him last as long as possible. ;)
SlytherinQuoll: That’s where I got mine! :) Originally it was going to be a chinchilla dust bath but my boys are a bit too big for it :p so Napoleon got it. :)
pinksnowme: To be perfectly honest it was more laziness and then I decided I liked it lol.
Grundylady: I can’t wait to get him in a proper tank to see what he turns into! But I’ve found myself liking his coloring more and more even just now. Your boy sounds cute. :) But actually his body is white with purple/red (they change depending on the light) spots all over it. It’s really cool. He reminds me of the American flag lol, but I had decided on the name Napoleon before I got him.
Thanks for all the comments, I think he’s quite handsome and I’m really enjoying him. I tease my chins and say he’s becoming my new favorite because he doesn’t try to get under my bed. ;)

Embarrassing update: I knew bettas jumped and I had been doing well about keep a lid on Napoleon but yesterday when I was doing a water change I had to leave and then got distracted :P and ended up being gone for a good 20-30 minutes. When I came back Napoleon was on the floor. I flipped! Luckily though he made it and is back to his normal self and even ate something last night and this morning. Needless to say I realized how attached you can get to a fish and I now have a cover with a weight over his jar. :P I feel horrible but I figured I had to have one huge misshape and I’m very happy he’s fine after it.
Sarahlydear is offline   Reply With Quote