Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-15-2011, 01:50 PM   #11 
fleetfish

Here's Moon's story. He was part of a selection of bettas from a local Canadian breeder. Originally, he was a delta. Every single time he would still be there in his wall cup. Sometimes he was sick with velvet or ich. Other times he would just be mopey and sad.

Two months passed by and no one took him home. No one seemed to even care that he was still there. At least he was getting treatment for his ailments. At one point he's bitten his tail. Two weeks ago, I was at the store looking at the bettas. There was Moon, still there. The manager of the store, a very nice person, was talking to me and I pointed Moon out to her. The next few minutes I'm out the door with him in a bag. The manager, knowing that I love bettas, had bagged him up for me and told me that he was mine free of charge.

So now he's finally enjoying the space and freedom of a two gallon tank (soon to be five, if I can swing it!), getting treatment for his tail. Yesterday, however, I noticed that he was thrashing about ... his ailments weren't over yet. Yesterday I noticed he was thrashing about, a sure sign of internal parasites. Despite this setback, he's always building a bubblenest, loves to flare at his reflection. His quirks are many and he has become one beautiful little guy despite everything he's been through. Stay strong, Moon <3

Last edited by fleetfish; 06-15-2011 at 01:56 PM.
fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 01:58 PM   #12 
Creat

Moon is gorgeous ! So glad you took him in :)
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 02:32 PM   #13 
TwilightNite

Yeah moon is beautiful!
TwilightNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 02:47 PM   #14 
TwilightNite

Ok I suppose It is my turn,

I bought Skye on March 8,2011 I was at petsmart to get a buddy for my
Crown tail Orb who passed away on May 25th,2011, I was rummaging though all the fish searching for just the right one and I reached the back left hand side and stopped, there he was, he was not the prettiest or the healthiest, but I could see potential in him, and I bought him he is such a good boy and I love him dearly.
TwilightNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 07:41 PM   #15 
Indyfishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshesMom View Post
oh my gosh I <3 vincent if you get tired of him i ALWAYS have room ~.^ what betta I didnt see a betta!
haha i don't think i could ever get tired of him, he's my favorite!!! (shhh don't tell the others lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightNite View Post
These are really interesting stories! I love to read about other People's Bettas,
I will try to pull a few pictures of mine together. @Indyfishy, the way your fish
smooshed it's face ageist the plastic, so cute! All of the stories are such cute
stories!
it was sooooo cute, i've never seen another betta do it!!! he's unique haha

copperarabian, tikibirds, and creat; all your bettas look so great, you all did an awesome job nursing them back to health!!!! =D

twilightnite, that's so awesome that you had that special connection with your fish right away!! that's always the best part for me and its awesome that you dug all the way in the back to find him, i always just look at the ones in the first few rows
Indyfishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:44 PM   #16 
pinksnowme

Attachment 30220These are amazing before and after photos and stories of Bettas under loving care.
Mine is not so dramatic.
I saw my guy while trolling through craigslist.
His coloring and eyes pierced my heart. It was love at first site. I dreamed about him. I emailed about him. His name was Casper but I changed it to Blizzard the White Warrior after researching white warrior anime.
I had to wait 4 weeks because I was having surgery. I called the owner after I was recovered. He was still there and she was saving him for me. I was exstatic!
My little Blizzard did not disappoint. He is so much fun! I never knew that a fish could be fun. He loves chasing marbles that my husband and I roll across the dining table. He likes watching my birds fly around the room. He is personality plus.
I have a rare skin condition that makes my skin flaky and pink. My sister said Blizzard looks just like me.. giggle.. I think so too
Craigslist Ad Photo
In his new house 1 month later Look at how much his fins have grown!
Attached Images

pinksnowme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 11:14 PM   #17 
Indyfishy

pinksnowme, Blizzard is sooooo cute <3 It sounds like he has a pretty awesome life with you =D

and i'm just going to add that this thread is really bad for me cuz it makes me want to go get more bettas XD
Indyfishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:09 AM   #18 
GreenTea

This is a great idea, once I find my camera cord I'll post too. My six guys are all from pet stores, 5 from Petco and one from Petsmart.

Last edited by doggyhog; 06-16-2011 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Language
GreenTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 02:37 AM   #19 
JoLynn

My boyfriend of seven months and I were arguing and at the peak of our fight, he yelled, "What do you want?" Being done with the conversation and in a sarcastic mood, I yelled back, "A betta fish!" and slammed the door. Two days later, he talked me into coming over. He said he had a surprise for me and sure enough, he bought me a betta. I couldn't be mad at him any more so we made up and named the fish CupCake. It's the cutest thing he's ever done. ^___^

Last edited by JoLynn; 06-16-2011 at 02:39 AM.
JoLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 02:44 AM   #20 
Ashleigh

Naawww, cute!
Ashleigh is offline   Reply With Quote