Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-14-2011, 11:44 PM   #1 
JoeyTheKid

Unhappy HELP PLEASE! Betta has growth by it's gills! :'(

So I got my this amazing cream colored Betta from petsmart and apparently it has a growth on it's gills that I did not notice. But the day after I brought him home he starte to act funny he stayed at the bottom of the tank all day and dirent eat and only came up for air. But now he seems to be okay. He swims around alot more and is more active and eats regularly but he still has this growth on its gills. My friends think it's getting bigger and I don't know what to do. Someone please help me and if you think you might need a photo to help me solve this problem then please ask and I will post one. Thank you for your help. It means alot to me. ^.^

-Joey
JoeyTheKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 12:00 PM   #2 
Oldfishlady

Welcome to the forum...and yes, post a clear pic of the area/growth...also need more information...

How big is the tank, how much and how often are the water changes, water temp, filter, live plants, additives used, tank mates, appetite-amount/type of food, how many days have you had him and have you tried any treatments....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
emergency, gills, growth, help!, sick