Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-15-2011, 06:35 AM   #1 
Tikibirds

Talking My misfit bettas...

I took some new pics tonight, since I now have 6

1st up we have Grumpy. He came from Petco and was the only one without issues - till he started tail biting

Next we have Lucky. He came from walmart and looked like this

and now he looks like this

Icicicle also came from walmart. You show that thermometer who's boss!

Baron von Fishy Fins - I bough one last night from petco but it died and he was my replacement. His ammonia was 2.0 which is better then the 4.0 the other guy had

Unnamed- she came with Baron von Fishy Fins. Petco's bettas all looked like they could die any minute except her and him so I took her too. Her ammonia was also at 2.0

And the most uber rare of them all - the illusive DOG FISH

Sushi - came from walmart with no tail Its growing back..YAY
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 07:04 AM   #2 
mernincrazy8525

so cute. i feel bad for sushi!
mernincrazy8525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 07:35 AM   #3 
Tikibirds

She is actually the most spirited of the bunch and she likes to bite my fingers if they are in or near the top of her water.

Its hard to get a pic of her. She is in a rubbermaid like storage container and the plastic is frosted. Plus she loves to swim all around these plants.

what worries me is there appears to be something stuck on her face, like right about where a nose would be. I'm wondering if she has parasite or something as it reminds me of sharks that have those fish stuck to their skin.
I cant find anything online though.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:42 AM   #4 
fightergirl2710

How did Sushi lose her tail? Poor dear! Lucky really suits his name btw and the new girl is adorable! Kudos tikibirds! Me loves the dog fish! They don't have those at my lfs :P
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:40 AM   #5 
fishman12

Nice fish!
I have 3 dogfish
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 11:52 PM   #6 
Tikibirds

Quote:
How did Sushi lose her tail?
No Idea. I found her like that at walmart. it has been suggested that since its a clean line, not raggidy, that at some point someone CUT it off.
Old 06-16-2011, 01:24 AM   #7 
Sakura8

No dogfish, just 8 cat fish. With litterboxes. Poor Sushi. I wonder if, on the rare occasion that they changed her water, if they did something stupid like shut her tail in the lid when they put it back on. I can't see anything on her nose, though. I love Unnamed's gold speckles. She looks like a showgirl.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 05:03 AM   #8 
fightergirl2710

That is scary! I think it must be like what Sakura said, I doubt someone would be psychotic enough to cut it off purposely! O.o
And unnamed does look like a showgirl with a sequined dress and lots of rouge! Maybe you can name her Lola ;)
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:09 PM   #9 
Jessabell

Omg that's a pomeranian, right!? I have one too! He used to be a breeder but he was too large so my teacher gave him to me for free! He's all chocolate with a little bit of white. His name is Kodi. *kodiak bear* lol
Jessabell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:50 PM   #10 
Tikibirds

Quote:
Omg that's a pomeranian, right!?
Close, but nope. He is a Minature American Eskimo Dog. He's about 30 pounds but he is supposed to be at most 25 . They also come in toy sized which I would kill for and standard size.

A member of the Spitz family, the "Eskie" descended from the European Spitzes, including the white German Spitz, the white Keeshond, the white Pomeranian and the white Italian Spitz. Contrary to its name, the breed has nothing to do with the Eskimo culture. During the 19th century in America, the breed performed regularly in trick-dog acts in traveling circuses throughout America, prized for their beautiful appearance, intelligence and agility.