Trust your instincts.
Dragonlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 11:09 PM   #22 
fishman12

Good Luck
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 04:16 PM   #23 
frogipoi

Got my shots today. I got a very good nurse and the shot felt like some one touched me lol. I got 3 more shots to do this summer... yay.
frogipoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 04:43 PM   #24 
Teishokue

what kind of shots?. i love shots XD. i watch them as it goes in. just to make sure the nurse is doing it correctly. just watch it and get over ur fears.
Posted via Mobile Device
Teishokue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 05:24 PM   #25 
Mikaila31

Location: ap yap ruff woof woof. Bark, ba-bark bark woof bark yap yap yap. ... ruff woof woof. Bark, ba-bark b
I watch sometimes othertimes no... If they are drawing blood I usually watch. If they are putting shots in my shoulder I don't bother.

Pretty sure I had the worst shot of my life on Tuesday. First novocaine shot at the dentist for getting cavities filled on the bottom. The numbing stuff and nitrous did nothing. That thing hurt like a [explicit]. Way more then it should of. 2 days later I've concluded they hit a nerve with that shot. Its gonna be like a week before I can taste stuff on the left side of my tongue. Right side can taste, left just tingles the same for everything
Mikaila31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 06:53 PM   #26 
fishman12

Wow same thing happened to me
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 07:23 PM   #27 
GunsABlazin

I tell them to count to 10...and someplace between 1 and 10 stick it in.
i love the ones that go
"0k...so count to 10? you want me to start at 1 and go to, what was it 10? *stab*...all done!"
GunsABlazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 08:42 PM   #28 
JKfish

I know you already took it, but for the future, if you take a deep breath and release it as they give you your shot, it reduces the pain because when you breath out your muscles will relax :) . If you want to look away or chat with a friend/mom/person, just ask the nurse to tell you when to release your breath (I've been getting allergy shots since I was in first grade it used to be twice a week but it's slowly been worked to once a month).
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:02 PM   #29 
Teishokue

Lol novacaine, You know if you can still feel it; you can always ask for them to shoot you with more novacaine. Ive had this done so many times, they tell me if you can feel it, tell me so i can shoot you with more.
Teishokue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 04:35 AM   #30 
Mikaila31

Location: ap yap ruff woof woof. Bark, ba-bark bark woof bark yap yap yap. ... ruff woof woof. Bark, ba-bark b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teishokue View Post
Lol novacaine, You know if you can still feel it; you can always ask for them to shoot you with more novacaine. Ive had this done so many times, they tell me if you can feel it, tell me so i can shoot you with more.
Yeah and I did have two shots done. However the first one hurts even with the nitrous and pre-shoot numbing stuff. Really the only painful part of the whole operation. It wasn't my first time getting cavities filled either. Its never hurt that bad before. He hit the nerve with the first shot .
Mikaila31 is offline   Reply With Quote