Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 07:35 PM   #1 
Jessabell

Talking Do you think that you have an extremely unique fish? (challenge)

Well, I do :) And this is a CHALLENGE! :D

I challenge each and every one of you, to post the most unique fish you have. Whether it's color, fin size/shape, or even pose, POST IT!

And once This thread gets to the.....let's say...10th page? I'll decide a winner!

And as the winner, you get total bragging rights! (not much of a prize, but this will be really fun!)

ONLY TWO RULES! (besides having fun)
Tell me why it's unique, and a short interesting story about your fish! whether it be how you got it or whichever!

Also, I'm asking for good picture quality in the pictures that you choose to enter.

So what do you say? Shall we have a go?

I'll post a picture of my fish first. I won't pick him because it will be extremely unfair since It's my contest, so don't worry! :D

I think that my fish (unnamed) is unique, because I've never seen another betta with his coloration. His eyes are blue like his highlights, and he has a black stripe from his eyes through his body. It's hard to tell in the pic though.
I got him at petsmart, and he's my first half moon!

YOUR TURN! LET'S SEE WHO I PICK! :D

Last edited by Jessabell; 06-15-2011 at 07:41 PM.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:49 PM   #2 
GreenTea

Maybe I'm just being a dick here but I think it might be more fun to just have people post their unique bettas without an arbitrarily chosen winner? Or have the forum vote on who they think has the best one (or ones) and you can keep tally and announce the most popular ones?

It's not much fun to post a photo and have one person decide if it's good enough, you know? Especially among all the potentially amazing bettas people have and could post here. Not to mention the fact that some people may not have stories or speak English well or those kinds of thing. Annnd the fact that there are breeders and aquabidders such here who have seen every color combination under the sun and may not be surprised by anything!

I think its a good idea but I think you putting yourself arbitrarily in command might discourage people.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:56 PM   #3 
Jessabell

I just thought that this would be something fun to do. And hey, if you had a story, put it on there. It isn't like, hey, if you don't put a story, I'm going to ignore you and you won't even have a CHANCE of winning. That wasn't what I was trying to do. I was just trying to give people a chance to post pictures of betta that they had and they thought were special, or unique. And I threw in the competition at the last minute. It's no big deal. This is just for fun.

And I thought that having other people choose the winner would take to long, and since it's my thread I thought I'd choose. Who cares if I choose the winner? This isn't america's next top model, it's a fish competition lol.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:58 PM   #4 
GreenTea

I get that, I just dont see whats the fun in a competition where you win nothing and are chosen by 1 person. It seems like involving as many people as you can in the choosing and posting photos would make it the most fun and accessible, is what I'm saying.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:04 PM   #5 
Jessabell

I don't think that you see the point. This is a betta fish website. People do little contests like this all the time. It's my thread, I can do what I'd like. I don't mean to be rude. But it's true. I don't want this to be a debate. You can have your own opinion. Like I said, I'm giving people a chance to have fun and post pictures of their betta fish. While at the same time, I'm choosing the picture I think is most unique. I'm not sorry if you don't like it. And for one thing, I don't like how your creating a huge thing out of it. Please drop it here. Participate if you'd like, but I'd like to end this conversation here.

Though you have valid points on some things, It's still my thread. Like I said, no rudeness intended. Why not start your own thread? lol. You can do it in the ways you suggested.

Last edited by Jessabell; 06-15-2011 at 08:08 PM.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:15 PM   #6 
GreenTea

I'm not making a big idea out of it. If it's not a big deal, why not take a good idea and make it better for everyone? And like you said, it's a public forum, people can post their opinions and stuff in other threads. I thought it was a good idea and could be made better if it wasn't about your opinion only, as that is exclusionary, (I'm assuming) most of the members don't know you personally, and you may or may not know what is unique? To me, your fish looks pretty but very average. So from my perspective, you wouldn't be a good person to pick a "unique" fish. The group as a whole, with their combined experience, would probably do a more thorough job with varying opinions. It's clear that this thread IS about you and your opinion alone and not the forum or what would actually be most enjoyable for the whole group.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:18 PM   #7 
Burd

You could simply use this thread to gather pictures and then have a polling optioned thread? But then again, this is kind of what picture of the month is for. :P
Old 06-15-2011, 08:19 PM   #8 
Jessabell

As I said earlier, I was going to be the one judging on my opinion of wich fish *I* thought was most unique. It was everybody elses job to post wich one they thought was most unique in *their* opinion.

I honestly don't even want to do this anymore. I can't edit it, and Idk how to delete. So nevermind everybody.

And Burd, I thought it would be fun to do one my way. But it obviously doesn't sit well with others. So I'm not doing it anymore.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:27 PM   #9 
mernincrazy8525

woah jessabell you have a mini donkey? do yuo live on a farm? you have some awesome animals!
Old 06-15-2011, 08:30 PM   #10 
Jessabell

Lol thanks. Yes, I do! :D His name is Esel. German for donkey, cuz we bought him from some German people who had to move back to their country :D
Closed Thread