Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 12:39 AM   #21 
FuulieQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Whatcha thinking, all those gorgeous ones on Aquabid? Now those are unique. And yet I wonder what the ones from Thailand look like by the time they get the States, go through customs, go through the transshipper and finally get to you.
Well, I have kind of a weird sort of fish database on my computer sorted by tail type and color and there are a lot of cool fish photos in there. >..> Yes, I'm that compulsive.

Actually, there are some neat threads up showing fish that have just been through shipping and everything compared to their auction photos. Most of them still look pretty sharp, although you get the occasional tailbiter and for a while they tend to be clampy and dull.
Old 06-16-2011, 12:47 AM   #22 
Sakura8

Wow. Bettas are a lot hardier than people give them credit for being. Nice to know if I ever decide to invest in an Aquabid betta.

Oooh, I wanna see fish from your database.
Old 06-16-2011, 12:50 AM   #23 
FuulieQ

I would, but I think this is the wrong thread to do that. >..>

I might just start a betta feature thread in a while and post a couple pics from the "database" per week.
Old 06-16-2011, 12:51 AM   #24 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuulieQ View Post
I would, but I think this is the wrong thread to do that. >..>

I might just start a betta feature thread in a while and post a couple pics from the "database" per week.
Yeah, do that, please.
Old 06-16-2011, 01:58 AM   #25 
JoLynn

I think my fish Angel is unique because (I don't know if the picture shows it well) his top fin is completely curled over at the tip. Not to mention, he has a wonderful personality. He'll watch me do my makeup in the morning ^___^ He has an adorable face, and I just can't get over that silly fin. I'm not sure what caused it though. I got him from PetSmart.

Old 06-16-2011, 02:12 AM   #26 
Luimeril

i pick my white HMPK, Theodore. :d pics on my FB here:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...8554713&type=1

it's set so that everyone can see. Xd i REALLY need new pics of my babies. :d

white HMPK? not too unique, huh?

wrong. x3c

he's partly blind. i figure, he can see shadows, at least. his world, is in his tank. he's curious about what's outside of it, but he can't SEE what's outside of it. he reacts to sounds best, so i have a divider as his lid. i slide it off when it's feeding time, and the sounds let him know what time it is! he also reacts to my voice, and light tapping on the side of the tank. he learned all this, and where his food goes, really quickly, proving just how smart and adaptable bettas are. he's usually seen hiding in his Giant Pink Plant, peering out into the unknown.

i feel bad, though. he doesn't know the joy of seeing my face. he doesn't know what another betta looks like, so he rarely flares. he can't explore new surroundings with excitement, only fear. he knows where his pink plant is, so he knows where to hide to be safe. i fear that, if i changed things up on him, he'd be lost and scared. having a blind betta is a joy, don't get me wrong. he'd be dead by now, if i hadn't gotten him. but, it's a little sad, too. people probably think his tank is "ugly" and "bare", but it's his haven. he doesn't care if he has lots of pretty plants. having rocks or gravel is a hassle and inconvenience for him and me(food would fall between them and he'd never find them. they'd mold, and he'd be hungry). he doesn't care about having caves, or decor. as long as he has his pink plant to hide in, and his flower to rest on, he's fine.

>3< oops! i rambled. x: sorry.
Old 06-16-2011, 02:26 AM   #27 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luimeril View Post
i pick my white HMPK, Theodore. :d

he's partly blind.
Fortunately fish move around mostly using their lateral line, that's why a blind fish is way better off than a blind mammal. Good for you for rescuing and loving Theodore. Was he always blind? I ask because in cats and dogs, animals with white fur and blue eyes are very often deaf. I had a border collie who was mostly white with a few black patches including over one eye. He also had odd eyes, brown and pale blue. But he was stone deaf because of that blue eye and his white coat. I called him . . . whatever I wanted when the mood hit me 'cause he didn't know any different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoLynn View Post
I think my fish Angel is unique because (I don't know if the picture shows it well) his top fin is completely curled over at the tip.
A curly fin? I can just sort of see his dorsal curling over. Also it looks like his anal fin is a little curled too. But what I like best is his lovely apricot color. It's so soothing.
Old 06-16-2011, 02:46 AM   #28 
Luimeril

Theo's always been blind, as far as i know. i wasn't told that he was blind, but i don't think they knew at the pet store.
Old 06-16-2011, 02:57 AM   #29 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luimeril View Post
Theo's always been blind, as far as i know. i wasn't told that he was blind, but i don't think they knew at the pet store.
They probably just didn't want to admit that it was their lousy water quality that did it to him. Cloudy eye can definitely lead to fullblown blindness.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:59 AM   #30 
Jessabell

I love all of your fish so far! lol this might be tough. And by unique I don't mean ab material..I mean what YOU think is unique! whether it be HOW cute your fish is, the weird or funny pose you caught them in, OR their color lol. It can be whatever you want!

And thanks for the support you guys <3
Closed Thread