Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-15-2011, 09:58 PM   #1 
idolsandanchors

Early stages of betta hoarding

So I went to Petco today to get a algae scraper and maybe some ghost shrimp when I spy a nice selection of bettas. They were actually all in pretty decent shape. I didn't see any dead and alot were moving around some. There was this one delta fin he was amazing looking. I almost bought a 2 gal hex tank for $25 from there but then I ended up going to wal-mart to see if I could find that Hawkeye 5 gal. Turns out they only sell them online now. Does anyone know what filter the Hawkeye one comes with or if it's any good of a filter. I have heard it's a decent tank and I'm pretty sure I have room for it. I found a heater from hagen for like $13 and free shipping that is just the right size for the tank. One more betta can't be too much. This is turning into an addiction. I have an empty 30 gallon still but I would need to clean it out. I'm just not sure I really want to deal with a big tank right now. Especially if I move to Florida in less than a year. Moving 2 fish will be bad enough.
idolsandanchors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 08:57 AM   #2 
fishman12

No eperience with the fillter. And it's not hoarding if you take good care of them
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:25 AM   #3 
Echo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishman12 View Post
No eperience with the fillter. And it's not hoarding if you take good care of them
we'll be sure to send you in when he's got floor-to-ceiling tanks lining the walls of one room and garbage bags full of empty red bull cans piled in another to cover for the lack of sleep from having to clean filters and feed hungry mouths nonstop
Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 08:09 PM   #4 
Sakura8

Gimme another two months and I'll qualify. Just be sure to find a place where it's sunny but not too hot. Don't want to suffer while I'm in my strait jacket.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 07:50 AM   #5 
sunnydawnie

I believe I meet the requirements also. I graduated from 1 to 4 bettas in 2 months and I'm now building a 16G sorority. (I'm also building a mixed community in a 75G) I have a tropical theme in my kitchen (which is where they all are) but if I keep going at this rate, it's going to look like I live under water !
sunnydawnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 10:04 AM   #6 
Sakura8

We'll call you the Little Mermaid. Under the sea!
Old 06-17-2011, 10:14 AM   #7 
fishman12

I don't. I have had one betta for a year. He died so now I have a replacement. Only one betta. 1. :p
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 10:32 AM   #8 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishman12 View Post
I don't. I have had one betta for a year. He died so now I have a replacement. Only one betta. 1. :p
Oh just wait. You may have had excellent control for a year, but sooner or later you'll fall victim to betta addiction. Guess how I know. Because it always starts with JUST ONE BETTA. Bwahahaha!
Old 06-17-2011, 02:15 PM   #9 
tsoto80

I thankful got over my addiction to buying bettas. I can safely say that I can browse around the petstores and not take any new bettas home. I want a king and have a spare 5 gallon that I could put him in however since I live in an apartment and already have 4 tanks on display (20, 15, 10, & 2.5) I will wait.
tsoto80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 02:26 PM   #10 
smellsfishie

My betta of 3 yrs died in feb or march, so I got a hm boy from the petstore... I was so in love... he died 2 days later... I waited awhile, and got 2 more from the store... 3 months later I have 15 bettas... call me a hoarder if you will! Lol my fiance does. :P
smellsfishie is offline   Reply With Quote