Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-18-2011, 03:36 PM   #31 
smellsfishie

He used to work in Tinton Falls at the Vitamin World! I will ask him about Brick.
smellsfishie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 03:45 PM   #32 
smellsfishie

he does know, brick is abt 30-45 mins from his moms house. :)
Old 06-18-2011, 04:21 PM   #33 
BlueEyedBettaBoy

Hahaha that is too funny!
BlueEyedBettaBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 04:29 PM   #34 
smellsfishie

Yeah it is! :) I tried telling him Brick was a store (I thought that's what you meant) he was like no.. Brick is a town.. lol... *shrugs* Well if you like one of my fishies we could bring one down and make a family visit out of it! :D
Old 06-18-2011, 08:36 PM   #35 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellsfishie View Post
Hate yellow?! *gasp* I'm shocked! :P lol... I love the yellow bettas ssssoooo much. But Cherubim is not from Walmart. That was my avatar guy, Sunny, who died. Cherubim is from Thailand. He chewed his tail a bit during shipping so thus the imperfection... Hopefully he & Eggie get along!
Oooh, I did think he was a little too pretty for a Wal-Mart baby. Still, he survived the trip well. Get some candles, put on some romantic music and he and Eggie should do well.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 09:12 PM   #36 
smellsfishie

hahaha,.. thanks for the advice
Old 06-18-2011, 09:58 PM   #37 
Tanni

I don't meet the hoarding requirements at all. A single betta is the only fish in the entire house and he's perfect to me. It'd be cool to have maybe two of them in the future, but I'd have to purchase another tank because a male betta can't be with anyone else. That's why I'm going to stick with one betta at a time. I'm just not qualified to take care of two 10 gallons at a time.
Tanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 10:00 PM   #38 
Sakura8

Just wait. When you graduate HS and move out and get a place of your own, you'll catch the betta bug. You can divide your 10g, if you do want to get another male in the near future.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 10:06 PM   #39 
PinkBetta264

hawk-eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by idolsandanchors View Post
So I went to Petco today to get a algae scraper and maybe some ghost shrimp when I spy a nice selection of bettas. They were actually all in pretty decent shape. I didn't see any dead and alot were moving around some. There was this one delta fin he was amazing looking. I almost bought a 2 gal hex tank for $25 from there but then I ended up going to wal-mart to see if I could find that Hawkeye 5 gal. Turns out they only sell them online now. Does anyone know what filter the Hawkeye one comes with or if it's any good of a filter. I have heard it's a decent tank and I'm pretty sure I have room for it. I found a heater from hagen for like $13 and free shipping that is just the right size for the tank. One more betta can't be too much. This is turning into an addiction. I have an empty 30 gallon still but I would need to clean it out. I'm just not sure I really want to deal with a big tank right now. Especially if I move to Florida in less than a year. Moving 2 fish will be bad enough.
idol...i ordered that tank, i like it alot. I did divide it thou for my petsmart boys shannon & wrangler...can't find the actual paper on the filter but the lid says tetra PF 10...and just realized they sent with it the wrong relacement filter cartridge...anyhow nice tank but I did have to put a piece of aquarium sponge infront of the discharge because it puts out a heck of a current...too much for my fishies. but once i did that they love it. I now have wisteria growing on each side, and each half has a small blue mystery snail and a ghost shrimp. Not sure about the spectrum on the cfl light in the hood. before I got the snails and shrimp it was growing algae like crazy. I also added a small heater, i think tetra as well ( found at walmart), the one for 2+ gals. I live in FL, but keep my bedroom freezing at night and that little heater does well in the 5gal. the only downside to the tank is I'm not sure if I'm crazy about the half hex it kind of distorts your few a bit, especially since I divided it.
PinkBetta264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 12:26 AM   #40 
dramaqueen
Banned

I sometimes wonder if I'm a betta hoarder because I have 11. lol I think it's a matter of knowing your limits and being able to care for the ones you have. If you end up neglecting them or not being able to take care of the ones you have but you still get more then you have a problem.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote