Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-21-2011, 09:37 PM   #11 
Silverfang

He looks quite happy. I'm sure he's sticking to the bloodworms 'cause he knows how to get the good food. Most animals are like that, be fussy enough you get your favorite, all the time :)
I also wanted to mention I see some clearish/white growth, which, considering the conditions you found him in, may indicate he has some new fin growth. All in all I think you've made him quite the happy lil camper.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 10:18 PM   #12 
limeslide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfang View Post
He looks quite happy. I'm sure he's sticking to the bloodworms 'cause he knows how to get the good food. Most animals are like that, be fussy enough you get your favorite, all the time :)
I also wanted to mention I see some clearish/white growth, which, considering the conditions you found him in, may indicate he has some new fin growth. All in all I think you've made him quite the happy lil camper.
Thanks! :) LOL! The little brat! He is smarter than what I'd think he would be. I always knew that they were smarter than most fishes, but he caught on to my routine very quickly! He knows that when I open the lid it means it's food time, so he nears the top of the tank waiting for his bloodworm, but it has to be a small one or he'll spit it out! It kinda saddens me when I open the lid to do things to the tank so I usually end feeding him a bloodworm or two everyday, I have to stop! LOL.
Wow! I never knew the white meant that! :) I'm glad I'm making him happy, AND healthier!
limeslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 10:28 PM   #13 
Silverfang

It usually starts out more clear to clear/white, eventually it will probably colour up. Some bettas fins never return to their "original glory". Hopefully he was just suffering from a mild bit of rot that is now healing.
And bettas aren't the only ones who do that. I open the lid on my boys tank and he's at the surface staring at me. I look at the cat the right way and she runs for her food bowl. They know, and they are DARN smart. How else do they get us to feed them and clean up after them? lol
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:05 PM   #14 
limeslide

My, that's neat! :) Heheh, I actually like the clear ends he has right now, they look awesome!
LOL! Heheh, little water piglets they are, :P
limeslide is offline   Reply With Quote