Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-20-2011, 09:25 AM   #1 
Creat

Clueless male

after a bout with all sorts of troubles from a mistake spawn of CTXDBT I want to try it again. I was so excited seeing the fins of the fry.. worst part of it I was looking at dead fry under a microscope. So I want to pair them together again. Yes they all will have homes I already have people who want them. Problem is the male doesnt seem like he wants to breed or has forgotten how to. This is the same pair as before. She is is chasing him sitting under the bubblewrap of the tank he will flare back but wont put any effort into chasing her or building a nest... Should I remove him and condition him again? or should I try another CT male? He flared at her when she was confined in a cup but now he doest care. This is their first whole day together where she is out.
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 09:53 AM   #2 
xMandy

Sorry to hear they died! Li needs to send the breeding urge to your guy..his bubble nest is still going this morning. lol
xMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 10:09 AM   #3 
Creat

Well I still think there are a couple, I saw three today and another dead one from the old batch... and yes , I'm like really you already managed to do it the first time cant you do it again....
Old 06-20-2011, 12:20 PM   #4 
HD4life

The idea of making it "rain" in the spawning tank has been going around and It works, I tried it with my first spawn, my male was like that, pretty excited while she was in her jar and then clueless or un interested while she was out. I made it rain for a bout 5 minutes in the evening and then the next morning he had tripled his nest and started noticing her. They spawned a few hours later.
HD4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 10:56 PM   #5 
Creat

I tried it on them the first time I did a water change and "made it rain" on the third day I was thinking of trying it again tomorrow.