Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-16-2011, 09:43 PM   #1 
Jessabell

Angry I saved the lives of TWO fish at walmart today, but I'm still crying over it!

I can't believe this! At all! I went to walmart to look for materials to make my divider. I decided to look at the betta.

It was horrible! Some IDIOT decided to put TWO betta fish in one cup...with LESS THAN AN INCH OF WATER. I cried so hard!

That's not all. BOTH betta, had NO fins left. ANYWERE. You wanna know why? Because they were at the bottom, and top of the water. The water literaly looked blue. But it was there fins. They would have been two gorgeous blue crowntails!

They are still alive thankfully.

As soon as I saw it, I set my stuff down, swore up a storm, and found one of the dishes the other fish was in. I got a net and put it back. Some worker asked what I was doing, and I got so mad and literaly screamed "I'm saving the lives of these fish! Because some idiot put them together!"

Then I went to management and screamed and complained, all while crying. They didn't even care. They looked at me with a question mark.

I'm so mad, but yet so happy I went to Walmart today.

I'm happy I saved their lives, but now they have no fins AT ALL. It makes me wonder if they are better off dead now.

Last edited by Jessabell; 06-16-2011 at 09:55 PM.
Jessabell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:56 PM   #2 
copperarabian

D: thats terrible!
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 10:00 PM   #3 
Jessabell

I know! I'm still upset over it. Why do people have to do such STUPID things?!
Old 06-16-2011, 10:11 PM   #4 
cajunamy
Banned

did you take them home?
cajunamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 10:12 PM   #5 
Jessabell

No, I didn't have the money, or space. I wanted to though :/
Old 06-16-2011, 10:12 PM   #6 
Tikibirds

I', thinking it may of been some kids that did that. Generally the pet section at walmart is a back corner of the store, where there isn't much traffic. They are easily accessible since they are in those cups and not in the tanks that need an employee to access the fishies. Last time I was in the pet section, there were two kids that were shaking the hell out of the betta cups.

Walmart managers don't care about anything. My store manager told me "if you are going to your grandmother's funeral in NY and will be gone more then THREE DAYS, go tell HR You quit." I live in Alaska and it takes about 24 hours to freakin fly to NY...

Last edited by Tikibirds; 06-16-2011 at 10:20 PM.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 10:13 PM   #7 
Jessabell

I'm sorry, I was too angry and didn't take any pictures. I was more concerned with getting them in there own cups lol.
Old 06-17-2011, 02:20 PM   #8 
Tanni

Well, I'm glad that you put them inside the proper containers, but it's a shame that you weren't allowed to take them home for free. If I saw bettas in that horrible environment I'd force the store to give me them for free or take out their fish section. I once complained so badly at a store (now out of business) that it took out their betta section and later on they took out all of the fish. Animals should always be supervised in the front of the store. Wal-Mart should know better than to put animals in the back of the store where children can reach them without a employee's permission. I live in Michigan and I visited a Wal-Mart in Kalamazoo. The conditions of the fish were extremely terrible. All of the tanks had to be over stocked and at least 10 of the fish in each were dead. It was a graveyard, but there were also other fish living in it. I didn't want to say anything to the employee, but my mother decided that she was going to raise Hell on them. Their excuse was that they didn't have anyone to operate the fish section. My mother asked them why they have a fish section if they don't have experts to operate it and the employee had no idea what to say. After that we came back after a month of refusing to enter that store to find that the fish had new tanks that were sparkling and had 0 dead fish in them. It proves that you need to show the stores that you mean business to get them to care for their animals properly. The truth is that you shouldn't have to complain and act crazy to get them to take care of these wonderful animals. They should already be responsible enough to clean the tanks and care for the fish.
Tanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 05:02 PM   #9 
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

Do not shop at W
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 05:07 PM   #10 
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

ooops, stupid touchy laptop...

Do not shop at Walmart (or any store) that does not take their pet department seriously.

Not even to rescue? Especially not to rescue! Every fish taken out of that store is automatically replaced by computerized inventory. Buying rescues just keeps the cycle of misery intact.

Report your dissatisfaction to the store manager and corporate. And then, vote with your feet... and buy your fish from responsible shops.
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy is offline   Reply With Quote