Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-17-2011, 01:46 AM   #1 
elijahfeathers

Anael's dying :c

I'm just... really bummed. Anael, my whiteish pk, is dying. I got him around Christmas, moved him with Calder across the country with me. A while ago I posed about a small tumor he developed. It's been getting worse. Once side of his belly is growing slightly-- and he's become so lethargic. He's getting skinnier, even though I feed him with the others, the same as they get. I feed him frozen bloodworms at least twice a week.
It's just breaking my heart. Sometimes he gets up off the bottom of the tank and zooms around, and it's like he's fine again. He gets playful and still jumps for my fingers at feeding time.

But more and more I look over, and I see him laying on the bottom of the tank, looking dead. Recently I've been going over and tapping on the glass to check on him. I'm just... It's hard. It's not as hard when a fish just gets sick and passes, imo. But when it's drawn out. It's really sad to see.
elijahfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 02:16 AM   #2 
nickle452002

:( aww, im sorry to hear that. Hopefully he'll go soon so he's not suffering. Im pretty sure you took great care of him though so don't worry... He'll grow his wings and be swimming around once again.
nickle452002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 05:51 AM   #3 
Ashleigh

I hope someone on here has any ideas and is able to help you, I really hope Anael survives :'(
Ashleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 07:25 AM   #4 
kif3

naws <3 i wish i could help <3
i would say that youve done well, be happy knowing youve given him a good happy life and indeed he will grow his wings and be happily swimming around, thinking of your fingers i'm sure ^^
kif3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 08:02 AM   #5 
ANHEL123

Low the water lever so it will be easier for him to go to the top.
So sorry. Is it tumor? May be it somethink else that salt treatment can help? I wish Oldfishlady would see ur post.

Last edited by ANHEL123; 06-17-2011 at 08:07 AM.
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 12:17 PM   #6 
Tanni

Anael will be grateful to you for giving him a chance to live a great life. Not all of these wonderful creatures are given a chance to live in an environment that doesn't stress them out or make them sick, so be proud that you've given him something worth living for. It's horrible to loose such a wonderful friend and pet, but when it's time for them to leave this Earth you must learn to let go. I'm hoping that someone knows what to do in order to save Anael and bring his health up. I feel bad because I can't offer any advice since I'm new to bettas myself.
Tanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 06:56 PM   #7 
limeslide

You did your best.<3 I'm sure Anael knows too, and he'll go with you in his heart.
limeslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 04:44 PM   #8 
mernincrazy8525

how old is he. lower the water level and vary his diet. if he is still eating he might have a chance!
mernincrazy8525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 07:19 PM   #9 
Oldfishlady

I would go ahead and get him in some Epsom salt 2tsp/gal and tannins to make him comfy if anything.......

Since I don't know anything about your tank and you are telling us that he is showing end of life symptoms.

I would leave him in his tank if he lives alone in 2.5gal and less, no filter, dim lit, add 2tsp/gal Epsom salt, water temp what he likes.....lower the water level if he is struggling...make him comfy...water changes...if you have been doing regular water changes...I wouldn't do any 100%...only partials to his tolerance...especially if he is not eating.....offer live foods if you have any...like mosquito larva......you don't want to give up too soon and yet you don't want him to suffer either.......if you think he is dying...do what is right by him......make him comfy and avoid the extremes.....

Good luck and keep us posted.....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 09:13 PM   #10 
money1070

that breaks my heart to know that somewhere in this world a beutiful creature is in pain
money1070 is offline   Reply With Quote