Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-17-2011, 04:07 PM   #11 
Lion Mom

Which is why I HATE hornwort!!!! Grrrr.............
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 05:47 PM   #12 
PewPewPew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Uh, do I really want this plant in my tank after all? I'm the neurotic cleanly kind, not sure I want these little needle things everywhere . . . darn, shoulda researched before purchase.
Then youre gonna HATE THIS XD

Mine shed it nettles everywhere, always. No matter how long it was in there, even after it destressed.
It'd throw a fit and whine and just phwump. Dropped em.

If you cant return it and dont want it, I sent mine to a Betta Rescue that Im friends with on fb- they were grateful, because it helped keep their tanks healthier and needed less water changes :D (Betterbettarescue)
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 05:49 PM   #13 
PewPewPew

Ooh, and watersprite is nice. Its a little whiney, as it doesnt like sudden changes in the water, but its pretty.

I keep my wisteria rooted, it seems to do better that way, and my fish derp in it and get borderline stuck /__\ they so dumb.
Old 06-17-2011, 05:52 PM   #14 
Bettawolf19

I know my hornwort hated me the first few weeks to. It's now hhappy in oscar's tank and only sheds needles if it dies other then that it's happily growing :)..all over lol
Bettawolf19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 07:47 PM   #15 
scootshoot

I put newly purchased hornwort in a side container with tank water. With each water change I dumped the old hornwort water and replaced it with the tank water being siphoned out. This removed the shedding while acclimating the plant to the tank water.

After about a week or two once I noticed fewer shreds during container dump I dropped the horny into the main tank
scootshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 08:46 PM   #16 
Sakura8

I gave up on the thing. It's resting peacefully with the lawn clippings and may I never see its little bald root butt again. It wasn't worth returning for its price and I have a feeling by the time I shipped it to a betta rescue or a friend, it would have been utterly bald. Plants instinctively hate me, I think. I want water sprite but I haven't found any around here and for some reason the one website I found with it can't ship it to CA. Well, it IS considered an invasive species, I guess. I also want Java Moss but same thing, I can't find it.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 08:52 PM   #17 
Fermin

Uggh. I feel for you. I got rid of all my hornwort because it made an absolute mess of my tank.

I ended up tossing it all in a ginormous bucket of water outside and a bunch of frogs decided to make it their new home. :)
Fermin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 09:00 PM   #18 
PewPewPew

Sweetaquatics.com might :o
Old 06-17-2011, 09:13 PM   #19 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PewPewPew View Post
Sweetaquatics.com might :o
I'll have to try that website. Right now I'm broke. :/ Who knew fish were so expensive? Gravel, plants, tanks . . . ah well. So worth it.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:14 PM   #20 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fermin View Post
Uggh. I feel for you. I got rid of all my hornwort because it made an absolute mess of my tank.

I ended up tossing it all in a ginormous bucket of water outside and a bunch of frogs decided to make it their new home. :)
I love your avatar. What a handsome crowntail. I love his coloring and markings.

I'm just glad I only bought one bunch of the stuff. I kept thinking, "It's a 10g, it needs more plants." Good thing I decided to go with extra Amazon Swords instead.