Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-17-2011, 05:53 PM   #11 
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

copperarabian,

Since you are in the 'eye of the storm', you need to be pro-active on this... or your parents, if you're not of age to vote. If you don't fight for your freedoms, they get taken away, one by one.

I'm 47 years old, and the America of today is nothing like the country I was born into. Our freedoms have been slowly eroding, year after year. This pet thing is 'just another brick in the wall', so to speak...
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 06:11 PM   #12 
denaliwind

I just skimmed over the post, but my initial reaction was, good. They're not making pets illegal, they're just making pets not so easy to come by. How many idiots walk into a pet store without any prior knowledge or research and commit their lives to taking care of another living breathing animal. This spontaneous, 'omg I have to have that ferret" all too often ends badly. I do not want this to ever happen. Of course, there's always going to be those irresponsible people. Hopefully, this regulation will allow those who are educated and committed to pets will still own pets and they'll get them from responsible breeders and educate themselves. But then again, I believe that no responsible dog or cat owner would ever purchase one from a pet store or the family down the road that thought breeding would be 'fun.' I 100% support responsible breeders. I have no tolerance for puppy mills or back yard breeders. I cringe when I hear, "I want to breed my dog because I think it will be fun..." or "I want to breed because I want teach my kids about life..." or "I want the money..."
denaliwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 06:11 PM   #13 
Oldfishlady

I am with ya HFFF....too much government control...geeze.....I heard about this going on a week or so ago and I thought it was a joke...I need to go read the link...haven't yet......this is what HB669 was trying to do a year or so ago backed and started by PETA.......they wanted to take all tropical fish away from all of us in every state and this included snakes, lizards....etc... too......with the plan to get dog, cats, horses out of our homes next once they got that passed...nothing would be allowed to be kept for pets...nothing.......

What is happening to our Freedom......and why are we letting them take it away.......
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 06:16 PM   #14 
denaliwind

What good is our freedom when we're taking away the freedom of another living breathing being. Over breeding, irresponsible breeding, irresponsible pet owners... they're ruining lives of animals that can't speak out for themselves.
denaliwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 06:37 PM   #15 
Tanni

Don't get me started on PETA. All I'm going to say is that they're a horrible organization that lies to people. They eliminate more than 85% of the animals that are put into their care and they also tried passing a law that stated all pets will be taken away from their home and eliminated because pets are abominations. They want the entire US to go vegan (we can't survive without protein) and they abuse children and give out sexual messages when it comes to advertising. Yes, there are some non-meat things that provide protein, but would you really like to be limited to that small bit? I give their knowledge about horses and the other animals they talk about an E- (or F-) because they don't know squat about these animals. I remember PETA complaining about how horses don't have enough room to lay down in their stalls when horses have a locking system in their legs so that they can stand because if they lay for too long they'll crush their organs and die. Wow, I don't understand why anyone would support them after what they do to people and the animals they "claim" to rescue. I'm done with my short rant.

No, I don't live in San Francisco (I thought someone asked me that) and I don't like the idea of animals being banned. It takes away from our freedom, but you must also see what they're doing to the animals who are treated poorly in San Francisco. It helps bring the cruel treatment down and such, but these animals are our companions. The harder it is to get animals in San Francisco the harder it'll be to give a rescued animal a home. There's both a good and bad thing about this "idea" to ban animals.
Tanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 06:37 PM   #16 
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

denaliwind,

Humans who mistreat animals should be prosecuted. I think we all agree on that.

Beyond that, a compromise of freedom does not solve the problem.
Old 06-17-2011, 06:55 PM   #17 
JKfish

.... This is insane! They intend to fix an issue by banning it? Not all animals are impulse buys D: Instead of wasting time on a ban that will go nowhere, why not do something productive like getting the proper information for animal care out and closing down those those puppy mills and punishing breeders that abuse their animals?
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 06:57 PM   #18 
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

Raging forest fires, nobody likes them. There is a mighty toll on the environments and the animals when they sweep through, not to mention human habitation and business. And forest fires aren't 'green' at all. Think of all the greenhouse gases released into the atmosphere! What to do, to stop the madness? Ban fire.

We could ban fire. Sure, we could. No more candles, campfires, cigarettes, bonfires, fireworks, barbacues, lawnmowers and combustion engines. No burning oil or coal.

Of course, without fire most of civilization will die off (don't make me explain it, trust me on this). Of course, that not such a bad thing. Humans always complain about a lack of freedom and make such a fuss about things like slavery, etc. Less people is a good thing, isn't it?

Of course, there will still be fires. Always will be, as long as lightening exists. Or lava. And spontanous combustion. But that's NATURAL, so any devestation caused by NATURE is okay. And after all, there are some PLANTS that won't germinate without a fire scorching them. So fire is ok... as long as humans don't have the freedom to use it!
Old 06-17-2011, 07:24 PM   #19 
tsoto80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here Fishy Fishy Fishy View Post
Raging forest fires, nobody likes them. There is a mighty toll on the environments and the animals when they sweep through, not to mention human habitation and business. And forest fires aren't 'green' at all. Think of all the greenhouse gases released into the atmosphere! What to do, to stop the madness? Ban fire.

We could ban fire. Sure, we could. No more candles, campfires, cigarettes, bonfires, fireworks, barbacues, lawnmowers and combustion engines. No burning oil or coal.

Of course, without fire most of civilization will die off (don't make me explain it, trust me on this). Of course, that not such a bad thing. Humans always complain about a lack of freedom and make such a fuss about things like slavery, etc. Less people is a good thing, isn't it?

Of course, there will still be fires. Always will be, as long as lightening exists. Or lava. And spontanous combustion. But that's NATURAL, so any devestation caused by NATURE is okay. And after all, there are some PLANTS that won't germinate without a fire scorching them. So fire is ok... as long as humans don't have the freedom to use it!
is there any truth that spontanous combustion exist?
tsoto80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 07:34 PM   #20 
copperarabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here Fishy Fishy Fishy View Post
copperarabian,

Since you are in the 'eye of the storm', you need to be pro-active on this... or your parents, if you're not of age to vote. If you don't fight for your freedoms, they get taken away, one by one.

I'm 47 years old, and the America of today is nothing like the country I was born into. Our freedoms have been slowly eroding, year after year. This pet thing is 'just another brick in the wall', so to speak...

I'm 21 so if we are voting I will. I'm a little torn though, I want the fish to stay, but I also want them cared for. If they add that pet stores can keep fish if they are inspected more strictly then before I'll probably vote for it even if it means paying more. But if they completely disappear I'll vote no.

Also where I live some of the fire stuff isn't allowed in certain places and times of the year, but that's understandable since we get a lot of grass fires.

@oldfishlady

I hope they don't take away all exotic animals, and they better remember the grandfather law. It would be horrible if they didn't allow parrots D: I don't know what I would do without birds in my life....
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote