Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-17-2011, 08:33 PM   #11 
kif3

aw :( may they be happy in fishy heaven <3

i agree that it was probly the water change, i usually put my dechlorinator stuff in and then let it sit overnight aswell just to make sure, if that may be a help in future ^^
kif3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 09:01 PM   #12 
Fermin

RIP little Cloud.
Fermin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 11:16 PM   #13 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawnleaf View Post
I'm sure it could. No declorinator? Chlorine is brutal on fish! I did a water change a few weeks ago and for some reason I didn't put enough in, and my fish got SO SICK within 10 mins. He almost died. He's still super weak, so I think that probably did it. :( Sorry about your fishies. May they rest in peace.

The same thing happened with my sisters two bettas, they changed the water, showed signs of stress and weakness and within less than 10 mins they died.

At first i seen my fish looking very Lethargic and stressed, but since i changed the water, i thought it was normal for them to be that way because they always get stressed when i do water changes.
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 11:25 PM   #14 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellsfishie View Post
oh man! :( So sorry to hear about Little Cloud... such a gorgeous little guy. :( Sorry about all your other fishies too. That is rough... Did any survive at all?
No, they all died. Every single betta that i brought to my family members house died. It was about 6 adult bettas total (counting my sisters) and 2 fry that was about a two months old.:/

Quote:
Originally Posted by kif3 View Post
aw :( may they be happy in fishy heaven <3

i agree that it was probly the water change, i usually put my dechlorinator stuff in and then let it sit overnight aswell just to make sure, if that may be a help in future ^^

Thank you. I knew that if its city water i should put declorinator, but i was so used to my house where i dont have to put in declorinator, i forgot and killed all my fish. Also i hear that aging water helps a lot. (like you suggested.)
Old 06-18-2011, 12:28 AM   #15 
GreenTea

Wow I'm so sorry, that's horrible. My worst nightmare! Living alone, working, going to school, and being separated from my family, partner, and friends is incredibly hard. One of the things that cheers me up is spending time caring for my fish. I can't imagine losing them all. I'm sorry for your loss.
GreenTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 12:56 AM   #16 
bettalover2033

It is hard. All of my tanks are empty. I cant believe i forgot this enormous step. This is the first time i have not one fish in my care. Since i have been in this hobby i always had at least 1 fish that can be cared for and i can come home to.

I think that its not the end, but a new beginning, because now i can get into breeding and not have to worry about other hassles. I loved the hassles though because hey they are my fish and if i dont care for them who will.

Something like this happened to me a while back and i got so fed up with my fish dying of the things i did, (one time i put a [Real] pine tree small branch in each of my females tank and they died) i just completely stopped buying researching and caring for the two bettas that i had.

Basically i took a break for about a month or two during the summer and later regret doing this because i wasted so much time on mourning instead of moving on and trying again. This was when i was really ignorant and didnt know much about them.

This time im going to try to move on and focus on creating my own line of Either HMPKDT bettas or HMPK bettas.
Old 06-18-2011, 01:08 AM   #17 
GreenTea

That sounds like a great idea =]

Where are you located? Plakats, whether they be HM or DT or just regular ole plakats are my favorite, I have two now. One's a giant HM Plakat, one's a black green HMDT who I just adore. I'm looking to ad to my collection. If you're interested in selling later on I'd definitely be interested. It's hard to focus on the positive when you're mourning, but we all make mistakes and learn from them <3
Old 06-18-2011, 04:09 PM   #18 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenTea View Post
That sounds like a great idea =]

Where are you located? Plakats, whether they be HM or DT or just regular ole plakats are my favorite, I have two now. One's a giant HM Plakat, one's a black green HMDT who I just adore. I'm looking to ad to my collection. If you're interested in selling later on I'd definitely be interested. It's hard to focus on the positive when you're mourning, but we all make mistakes and learn from them <3
Well i'm trying not to think too much of them. I definitely will be selling fry and breeding in the very near future. Also i want to breed Regular PK's. I want to breed Fighter plakats because i really like the rough look of them lol.
Weird but its true. Though i have been wanting to breed Double Tail Plakats for a long time.

I just think its interesting to see how they breed and i think it's a bit of a challenge.
Do you like fighter plakats? Just to have as pets?
Old 06-19-2011, 05:09 PM   #19 
GreenTea

yeah I have them as pets, I just like the look of them for some reason. Any animals or things that are kind of stumpy or rough looking are my favorites. I have some longer finned guys I'm trying to rehome so I can make room for more plakats!
Old 06-19-2011, 05:13 PM   #20 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenTea View Post
yeah I have them as pets, I just like the look of them for some reason. Any animals or things that are kind of stumpy or rough looking are my favorites. I have some longer finned guys I'm trying to rehome so I can make room for more plakats!

Same thing here! I do like their different look. IMO they are the ones that have the most personality and their are so fast.