Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-17-2011, 05:19 PM   #11 
DarkMoon17

Keep in mind that water is always 3-4 degrees cooler than the air around it so unless your house is at 81+ degrees all year round, you need a heater...

You can keep up to 3 guppies in a 10 gal with a male betta but don't be surprised if there is a lot of fin nipping or the occasionally dead guppy... I don't really like keeping guppies with bettas but others seem to have luck with it.

They all look to be males and they are indeed endlers, at least half endler anyway. How many did you get?
DarkMoon17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 05:50 PM   #12 
vaygirl

You're ideally supposed to have 2 females per male in any setup but that means possible babies. Males alone, they might gang up on the smallest male and kill him and then the smallest again, and again. This happened with my Endlers. I started with 8 and now I have 3. It would be best if you give them enough plants to hide line of sight and decor to hide in and around. I'd go with 5 males in a ten gallon. Still, you might lose some. I can't tell how many you have now. :)

They're not air breathers like bettas so they need a filter and enough oxygen in the water to breathe or you'll find them gasping at the top and suffocating. If they're staying in the vases, you should get them an air stone to create surface turbulence.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 06:11 PM   #13 
xMandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMoon17 View Post
Keep in mind that water is always 3-4 degrees cooler than the air around it so unless your house is at 81+ degrees all year round, you need a heater

You can keep up to 3 guppies in a 10 gal with a male betta but don't be surprised if there is a lot of fin nipping or the occasionally dead guppy... I don't really like keeping guppies with bettas but others seem to have luck with it.

They all look to be males and they are indeed endlers, at least half endler anyway. How many did you get?
I would never suggest putting a male Betta in with guppies. That is asking for ripped up/dead guppies.
xMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 06:41 PM   #14 
masshiimarro

okay, thanks for all the advice :)

i have 3 of them right now. i am NOT putting them with my betta,, i know what kind of damage he can do to them. so far none of them have been nipping, but ill definitely keep a close watch on them. i dont want to breed guppies, so thats why i didnt get females. ive seen how easily they can multiply, so... yeah.
masshiimarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 07:05 PM   #15 
DarkMoon17

I must have miss read then, I thought you intended to put them with your betta and were asking about it? I'm not sure. I don't like keeping guppies with bettas so I'm glad you decided against it. I agree with others, you need to make sure their water is well aerated, filtered and heated. Since you do have all males, keep an eye out for aggression... there isn't much you can do except separate them or return them if it doesn't work out.
DarkMoon17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 01:36 AM   #16 
masshiimarro

thanks guys, theyr in a 5 gal w/ plants and filter now in 77 deg water. they definitely appreciate the extra room :D i think the plants offer some hiding space so they wont peck at each other so much
masshiimarro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
guppies