Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-18-2011, 11:58 PM   #21 
Sakura8

I am sooo trying this out. Tomorrow's water change day and I have five tanks to do. Thanks Tisia! You may have just saved me a bunch on mouthwash.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 12:14 AM   #22 
Tisia

lol, good luck!
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 12:52 PM   #23 
Tanni

Thank you for sharing your knowledge on how to start a siphon. The video was very useful since I'm a visual learner. I'm going to try out this technique when it's time to clean his tank again.
Tanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 06:02 PM   #24 
Tanni

Update

Our local Petco gave me four of the betta cups that weren't being used without making me purchase them and it makes me think about why they would do that. I'm one of their best customers, but wouldn't I still have to purchase them? I checked them out and they were fine and I even used the one labeled as an HM container for Ahto when I was cleaning out his tank and remodeling it. I had Ahto's cup inside a deep enough pan just in case the cup would give out and it didn't. I'm shocked that they would give me something like that for free.

Ahto is enjoying his tank and he seems to be more active than he started out as. I moved some of his plants in the corner where he usually stays and he's found himself another corner right by me. He's such a great betta and I'm sure that he's grateful to those who saved him and gave me the advice on how to make him feel more comfortable.
Old 06-19-2011, 07:26 PM   #25 
Sakura8

Sounds like you might have found one of the "good" Petcos where they actually take care of their animals and customers. Most of us have had iffy to downright bad experiences with our Petcos.

I think because they have to be kept alone, the males tend to bond with their human owners more than the females. Both my males are very social and like to watch what I'm doing - my guy Sherman even likes to swim around my fingers. Ahto is bonding with you, which is great because he realizes he's found himself a good, responsible owner. And I think he realizes you're the one who got him out of that filthy water and into a nice clean home.
Old 06-20-2011, 12:27 PM   #26 
Tanni

I'm glad that the area I live in doesn't tolerate the mistreatment of animals including the bad treatment of fish in stores. It's great that Ahto is bonding with me and understands that I'll be taking great care of him.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:46 PM   #27 
Sakura8

Keep us posted on how Ahto is doing.