Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-14-2011, 08:21 PM   #1 
TwilightNite

Smile Stories

Hey everyone, and this is the thead where
You post a picture of any of your bettas (you don't have to post at pic if you don't want to) and
Tell the story of how you got them and their
Funny personalities, etc. etc. so we can all show
The stories of how our wet friends came to be! =)
TwilightNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:33 PM   #2 
YoshesMom

Peaches and Cream

Peaches is my very first walmart rescue he was in HORRIBLE condition when i took him that i cryed right there in the store and my mom felt so bad she bought him for me (which NEVER happens) he is now my best nest builder but he still has a panic attack if he has to go back in his cup so i can clean hes tank ..its really sad
Attached Images

YoshesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 12:03 AM   #3 
Indyfishy

this sounds like a fun thread!!! good idea =D
YoshesMom, Peaches is so cute, its too bad that he was kept in such terrible conditions its soooo awesome that you gave him a home where he will get great care

We have three bettas in our house, two of which are mine

First, we have Vincent! I got Vincent at petsmart in April of 2009. He's a beautiful grizzle veiltail, and his tail is longer than his body! I adored him from the moment i saw him . In January of 2010, i got really sick and ended up being in and out of the hospital for about five months. During those months, Vincent got overlooked quite often, and he got veryyyyy minimal water changes . Despite the terrible care and minimal attention he recieved during that time, he didn't get sick and he continued to greet me whenever i could visit his tank. I'm doing much better now, and Vincent is now over three years old. He has a tumor, and he's lost tons of weight. He probably doesn't have much time left. Even though he's slowed down alot, he still never fails to greet me when i see him. I love him so much, and it will be really hard for me when he's gone.

His first day home :

About two months ago, his tail looks like a waterfall ♥

I took this picture today, who couldn't love this face???:

Next we have Gorton Gorton was purchased at Petsmart for my brother on the same day that we got Vincent. He has a rather odd short and fat body shape for a veil tail, but he has the most stunning royal blue coloring!! He's about three years old now, and hes' lived through several cases of SBD (overfeeding on my brother's part, so he's mom's fish now lol) and one case of popeye! he's a survivor
This is his best pose ever:

And last, but not least, we have Finley Finley is a gorgeous multi color crowntail with deep red fins, and a pale body with green splashes. I rescued him about a year ago from a truly horrible Petco. Most of the bettas were terribly sick, and many of them were dead. Finley was one of the few that was healthy. I chose him because when i looked down at his cup he literally had his face smooshed against the plastic, kinda like when a kid smooshes their face against a car window lol!! it made me laugh outloud, so i had to have him . He's my little clown! He's a chronic tail-biter, but i love him anyways
His first day home, not even out of his cup yet!

and here he is today =D (he's not really this turqoise, he's extremely iridescent, and the flash brings that out)

so, those are my fishies!!!! I hope you enjoyed their stories =D
Indyfishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 01:55 AM   #4 
YoshesMom

oh my gosh I <3 vincent if you get tired of him i ALWAYS have room ~.^ what betta I didnt see a betta!
Old 06-15-2011, 02:32 AM   #5 
copperarabian

I bet a lot of these storys are going to start sad and end happy :)

I only bought one Betta who wasn't in decent condition and that was Astaldo, he was super skinny, pale, and I could barely see his gills moving :( I was sure he wasn't going to make it. I had to keep him in very shallow water just so he could reach the surface.

I kept his receipt so that if he died I could bring him to petco and get another betta because I really thought he had no hope, but he hung in there and is doing great now.

This is him the first hour I had him home.

A few days later he got put in a deeper tank

Here he is the other day
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 02:50 AM   #6 
Ashleigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshesMom View Post
Peaches is my very first walmart rescue he was in HORRIBLE condition when i took him that i cryed right there in the store and my mom felt so bad she bought him for me (which NEVER happens) he is now my best nest builder but he still has a panic attack if he has to go back in his cup so i can clean hes tank ..its really sad
That's incredibly sad . How the hell does the water get that dirty? It's horrible...
Ashleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 05:56 AM   #7 
Tikibirds

This guy cam from Walmart. I felt so bad for him looking like that. So i brougt him home and put him in this little pet carrier. I didnt know if he would survive or not.

He isnt the most prettiest of bettas, actually I think he is kinda more on the ugly side but I have a soft spot for him. he is the 1st one I rescued.

Looking all pitiful

And now he is all like "I'm TRYING to get my beauty rest woman!"

he even stars in his own music video
http://youtu.be/m6DJiwpGwbI
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:41 AM   #8 
TwilightNite

These are really interesting stories! I love to read about other People's Bettas,
I will try to pull a few pictures of mine together. @Indyfishy, the way your fish
smooshed it's face ageist the plastic, so cute! All of the stories are such cute
stories!
TwilightNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 12:34 PM   #9 
YoshesMom

ashleigh...I have no idea how it got that bad it STANK like you wouldnt believe
Old 06-15-2011, 12:50 PM   #10 
Creat

I got my little Uni half price from petco because he had a major swim bladder problem and fin rot. I took him home and managed to combat the swim bladder disease that he had. It took him 2 months before I slowly weaned him off epsom salt. His fin rot became a major problem much more so then I expected and it took a while but he got over that and his fins arent growing back at all any more. He still has little stubby fins, going blind in one eye, and stunted growth for some reason but he has the most personality of any of my betta. And he is one of my favorites I have had him for about a year now. Making maybe 2-3 yrs old. One day I will have enough money for him to have a tank of his own.
year ago
Name:  IMG_0293.JPG
Views: 106
Size:  78.0 KB

now
Name:  IMG_1370.JPG
Views: 108
Size:  40.9 KB
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote