Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-19-2011, 01:56 AM   #21 
Sakura8

I've never heard of this but now that I have, I can say I don't like the sound of it. :( I don't like the way it's so contagious. It's like a fishy made-for-tv horror movie.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 01:56 AM   #22 
fightergirl2710

I hope it isn't the fur coat thing, that would make all the others susceptible to it as well! It doesn't look fuzzy just gray... You can see scales but they're all gray! At first it looked raw and pinkish gray. And the parts turning this way are literally dying off, he can't exactly move them. I can't watch him anymore so my sister's keeping an eye on him. It's so weird and scary! Poor guy, I got him accidently thinking he was female, he got a chance to get out of that hellhole just for this? At least he will go peacefully instead of having to swim away from other fish constantly...
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 02:06 AM   #23 
Sakura8

I'd say he either has highly advanced fin rot (when it reaches the body it's usually fatal) or this fur coat thing.

fightergirl, PLEASE tell me he doesn't look anything like the fish in this thread.
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread....27s+wrong+fish

At the time the above thread was posted, no one knew what it was. But now I'm certain this fish had fur coat syndrome.
Old 06-19-2011, 02:21 AM   #24 
fightergirl2710

Sadly, it is similar, its progress is the same but the texture looks different, not as papery. Why is it called fur coat when there is no fur?? Hopefully this little guy wont suffer too long. Now more than half his body has been taken over. Its very sad to watch him. He was so lively yesterday.
Old 06-19-2011, 02:34 AM   #25 
Sakura8

I wish I knew 'cause fish don't have FUR! The fish in the thread died after about seven hours, during which the stuff progressed so rapidly it was . . . unreal. Maybe, hopefully, because your guy doesn't look papery, it's not the same and your guy just has advanced fin rot.

I hope Peaches and Cleo and the others are all right.
Old 06-19-2011, 05:08 AM   #26 
fightergirl2710

The little blue boy died a few minutes ago. My sister is doing away with the body right now. I guess his body couldn't take anymore. All the rest are fine. I'm giving Cleo some IAL right now for her fins. I might try to put her back in the sorority next week but I'm not too sure. I'm boiling the jar the little blue boy was in just in case... I hope he has the most beautiful fins and the best health wherever he goes next...
Old 06-19-2011, 05:19 AM   #27 
Tikibirds

Awwwwh :(
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:05 AM   #28 
Silverfang

:( sorry to hear about blue boy. You made his last time as comfortable as you can. I really wish we knew something else about this horrible condition.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:47 AM   #29 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightergirl2710 View Post
The little blue boy died a few minutes ago. My sister is doing away with the body right now. I guess his body couldn't take anymore. All the rest are fine. I'm giving Cleo some IAL right now for her fins. I might try to put her back in the sorority next week but I'm not too sure. I'm boiling the jar the little blue boy was in just in case... I hope he has the most beautiful fins and the best health wherever he goes next...
You gave him a lot of love and care and let him die in clean water in peace and quiet. I'm sure wherever he is now, he's giving you a big fishy hug.
Old 06-19-2011, 11:14 AM   #30 
fightergirl2710

:) I'm happy he got a few days of peace with me and yummy bloodworms but silverfang is right we really need to find out more about what this condition is. I really don't want to feel so helpless again as I did trying to cure him...