Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-18-2011, 04:23 PM   #1 
masshiimarro

to those of you in or going to college...

this sounds a silly question, but how do you care for your fish? XD as in, like when there are finals to study for, deadlines to meet and such..
i guess what im asking is do you have enough time to have this fish hobby without being stressed out about feeding or water changes..... or deal with multiple tanks. im going away to college this fall, and im going to take my 2 bettas and guppies with me. so i want to know how to deal with this effectively... before i regret doing something as in getting too many fish and having to deal with the stress of keeping them or having to relocate them.
masshiimarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 04:44 PM   #2 
Ajones108

Make sure you dedicate one day per week to doing partial water changes. Feeding becomes routine if you do it as soon as you wake up in the mornings. I'm going into my second year of college with angelfish and 3 bettas so I know how you feel. ALSO, if you are dorming, make sure you know their tank size limit.
Ajones108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 05:14 PM   #3 
masshiimarro

okay,, seems doable lol
well i already dedicate one day to water change, i am not living in a dorm, so i think it makes things easier..
lol im just worried since the college im going to is KNOWN for the student's hardwork and allnighters, being zombies, yadayada etc..
masshiimarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 08:22 PM   #4 
Ajones108

That's if you choose to make college that way. :p Keep a schedule and it's more manageable. You're not -always- zombified.
Ajones108 is offline   Reply With Quote