Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-18-2011, 09:55 PM   #1 
annamae07

Filter fun and bubble nest ?s

Is there some way to help my betta make a nest? I had to baffle my filter because it was too strong, but even though its not too strong now that he cant swim the remaining 3/4 of his tank the problem is that the surface is too chopy still for him to be able to make his bubble nest. I've done the plastic bottle baffle, twice now to try and restrain it with two plastic barriers. What can I do to make a little section for him to make his nest cause I've seen him try to create bubbles to only pop in front of him.

Thing is he seems to play in the current of the filter so I dont want to get rid of it. Like he likes being pushed by it. He'll even get caught on the floral decor for a couple seconds and wiggles himself free to just continue to do so for a few minutes. Silly little boy.

I must add that I just got him this week so it is still a new habitat.
annamae07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 09:57 PM   #2 
annamae07

Also I would like to add that he is a halfmoon betta, and has no problems moving in his 5 gal tank except for exactly where the filter is.
annamae07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 10:30 PM   #3 
Sakura8

Try putting something floating in there, maybe in the corner farthest from the filter. Cut out the bottom of a clean plastic or styrofoam cup and place it in there; if plastic make sure there aren't any sharp edges and if you have it in green, even better so it'll look like a leaf. My guy had a floating log that I got for him to nest under and I placed it in the farthest corner from the filter in his 10g. And he built his nests directly in front of the filter on a tiny bit of plastic plant sticking up. Needless to say by morning his nest was all over the place . . .
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote