Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-18-2011, 11:30 PM   #1 
Tisia

extreme couponing

anyone watched this show? I swear these people are crazy. on the one hand it's pretty amazing seeing some of the deals they'll get (something like $900 worth of groceries for like $80), but at the same time it kind of seems like it becomes a compulsion. like thousands of bottles of hand soap that they'll probably never manage to completely use up. plus just watching them completely lose their minds if the slightest little thing seems to be going wrong. I'm jealous and yet a bit frightened by them at the same time, lol
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 12:33 AM   #2 
AngelicScars

Yeaaaaahhh, they are hoarders. I like saving money, but I don't need 348925849 things of deodorant you know?
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 12:38 AM   #3 
Tisia

yeah, there were quite a few that had entire garages filled with shelves of stuff, and some of them were basically overflowing into several rooms in their house as well, and they still do these crazy shopping trips like at least once a week. you have enough stuff to last you for a couple years, why not take a month or 2 off? yeesh
Old 06-19-2011, 05:23 AM   #4 
Arashi Takamine

I watched it a few times. Some people do it to make it one stop shop for their reletives to just come and take what they need. One guy spent 1,000 dollars but because of coupons he didn't pay a cent and donated everything he bought to charity. But yeah...

These guys are nuts but if I had lots of coupons for books well....

I'd have piles to the ceiling of novels and manga then...
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 10:57 AM   #5 
Tisia

yeah, but there's no such thing as too many books! lol
having so much deodorant that you could smear it over your entire body everyday and still not use it all in your lifetime is a different story
obviously the people that donate most of it are a bit different, they're storing it all for a purpose, whereas the hoarder types seem to have it just so they can have it. if your entire kitchen and garage are filled floor to ceiling with stuff, it's time to take a break from it for a while, not try and decide which room to fill next
Old 06-19-2011, 11:52 AM   #6 
Littlebittyfish

I love using coupons...Only on items I need or plan on using though! I think it would be way too time consuming to plan out a shopping list like some of them...I don't watch it very often but I did watch it once and it looked like their cabinets were pretty full of prepacked and preservative foods...I try to steer clear of processed foods.If I happen to find a coupon off on something I was going to be buying anyways though like soymilk or olive oil cat/dog food ect...I will use it!
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 06:42 PM   #7 
1fish2fish

I use cupons all the time but when you get to that level you are hoarder. It would be one thing if you bought a million groceries for $3 and you donated all the excess goods to schools, churches, shelters, etc but NO ONE needs their own personal pharmacy and NO ONE should have so many groceries that they need 6 deep freezers to fit it all.

80% of the stuff they stockpile has an expiration date. Salad dressing doesn't keep forever and medications have a half life just like other chemical substances.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 11:05 PM   #8 
tsoto80

I seen like one episode and thought it was a little compulsive....well okay alot lol when I get coupons they go straight to the garbage I dont care about saving ten cents on a pack of gum or getting one free item if I buy two. People call me the "throw away queen" lol.....I do throw alot of things away
tsoto80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:40 AM   #9 
1fish2fish

I'm all about saving money. With BOGO and a cupon I got a free pair of cute shoes when I went in to buy work shoes.

I cupon because I can track how much I save and know that the extra money I save by going to sales and getting marked down goods can go to other things.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:17 AM   #10 
frogipoi

My mom always forgets the coupons so.... We never use them. The show scares me O.O Someone bought hundreds of diapers and they don't have a baby yet O.o
frogipoi is offline   Reply With Quote