Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-21-2011, 10:17 AM   #11 
1fish2fish

Yeah but that is smart thinking if they are going to have a baby. Diapers are REALLY expensive and the more you can stockpile the better, as long as they were smart and got different sizes.

I think it's smart to cupon and shop for sales. I never buy anything for retail price if I can help it.. even my gas. At kroger you get fuel points so I refuse to get gas from anywhere else unless I have to. I rarely ever buy stuff that isn't manager's special or buy one get one or on some kind of sale. If I cant get it on sale or used.. I just don't get it.

I can think of everything I can buy with the money I save shopping wisely and it makes searching for deals worth it.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 01:32 PM   #12 
vaygirl

Honesty, whether you're throwing it out or letting it sit on a shelf to expire, it's being wasted. I see extreme couponing as wasteful but that's just my opinion.

I don't coupon much. I do have a costco membership so I buy some things in bulk, like paper towels and cans of tomatoes and such. For the most part I shop on the outside aisles of a supermarket and they don't have coupons for that stuff. My husband and I have specific dietary needs. He's lactose intolerant and so we have to buy special milk. It's tough.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 01:38 PM   #13 
Tisia

I love sales and coupons and stuff, but when you're spending like 6 hours to plan out your shopping trip and going dumpster diving for coupons in order to get 100 more of something you already have at least a year's supply of (if not like 50 years supply), that's just ridiculous
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 10:39 AM   #14 
frogipoi

She wasn't even married O.o
She bought too much diapers! O.O
frogipoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 11:36 AM   #15 
Pitluvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogipoi View Post
She wasn't even married O.o
She bought too much diapers! O.O
In the first 3 years of a child's life, you spend $2400 diaper. I have two kids, that's $4800. Almost Five Thousand dollars on diapers in less than 5 years.

If I knew about couponing 7 years ago, I'd have a nicer car right now LOL

I say go girl! Diapers never expire, and whens he does get married and has a baby she won't have to spend $80/month on diapers. Those first few months are expensive!

But yes, it's all hoarder symptoms. Usually hoarders hoard out of need to have personal things no one can take, or because they have lived with little before and stock pile things in case they never have it in the future. Like couponing, those people always think "If I loose my job, or something happens, we'll have food/toiletries until things even out" just like people who hoard saying everything has a use, so you don't have to spend money when you need it 10 years down the road. I'm all for the money they save though, that's amazing, but it's borderline mental illness IMO.
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 09:57 PM   #16 
dramaqueen
Banned

We probably use 3-4 coupons every time we go to the store. Sometimes we don't have any to use. We never save any more than 2-3 dollars.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 06:45 PM   #17 
Arashi Takamine

I think the only time I'd end up doing some extreme couponing if it was for things I know I'll use up quickly such as sketch books (three a month!) Or if it was for my pets like getting fish tanks for seriously cheap.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 12:38 AM   #18 
cassandraE

It seems that everyone does coupon clipping nowadays. When it comes to saving money, we always consider couponing to conserve cash on groceries and other products. However, there are thints that everyone needs to know behind coupon clipping. For some "Extreme Couponing" can become an obsession that consumes their lives. Here is the article: Coupon clipping can help but it has a dark side.
cassandraE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 03:39 PM   #19 
SnowySurface

I usually forget my coupons at home when I shop. ^_^;

But even when I do remember them, I usually only save $5 or so. I feel like I save more money with store cards that give me discounts and sales than I do with coupons. But when I can save money by remembering my coupons, finding stuff on sale, and using a discount card I become a very happy person.
SnowySurface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 11:05 PM   #20 
johanB

Everyone is looking for ways to save money when shopping. Using coupons is one of the best things to do it. But there's a dark side to couponing. TLC's reality show "Extreme Couponing" depicts an action that, for many, may become a dark obsession. Article source: Coupon Clipping.
johanB is offline   Reply With Quote