Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-19-2011, 06:26 PM   #11 
DarkMoon17

Tumors aren't contagious... the other betta should be fine. If the other betta starts developing "lumps" then it isn't cancer... If the tumor is that big and he is still acting normally, then it is most likely benign. If he stops eating or becomes lethargic those are signs that the tumor is affecting his quality of life and you should put him down humanly... If the lump breaks the surface of the skin that would be another sign that you should put him down...

You do need to increase water changes to 30-50% per week.
Sorry about your boy, good luck with him.
DarkMoon17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 06:37 PM   #12 
MurphieandMaurice

Thanks

Murphie is the only betta in the tank, Maurice happens to be a snail so there is no chance of transfer. But, I'm going to go ahead with the Maracyn-Two after this. It does look to be protruding through the skin but he doesn't seem in pain either. We will see.
MurphieandMaurice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 06:47 PM   #13 
DarkMoon17

Maracyn doesn't treat parasites does it? I believe it is for treating bacterial infections? Do you actually see something protruding or are the scales raised? If you actually see something protruding then you need anti-parasite medicine. API's General Cure would be a better option for a true parasite, but I'm not sure if that's what you have... can you take a new pic before you start treatment?
DarkMoon17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 10:04 PM   #14 
BettaFishRule

I hope your fish gets better but if he dose pass on do what i did make a barial burry him in the ground then gather some things in the tank plants rock ect. and put them in a pretty order hopefully that wont happen i will keep your fish in my prayers
BettaFishRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 12:54 PM   #15 
MurphieandMaurice

Talking

Thank you for the prayers. Hopefully he will be fine. He has been strong and resilient so far. He will pull through. Murph doesn't even seem to be in any pain.
MurphieandMaurice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 07:39 PM   #16 
Sakura8

I'm so glad to hear he's not in pain. I'll continue to pray for his fishy recovery but just in case, be sure to post if anything changes.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bump, hemorrhaging, internal infection, maracyn, white spot