Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-19-2011, 04:09 AM   #1 
Kato Aaron

Super Stressed

I got a new betta and I haven't had him for a day. But I'm a betta Mim that is overly cautious and wants to make sure every little thing will be okay, haha. So I got a male and he's young and small and extremely stressed. He's has no colour and has stress stripes and he sits at the bottom of his cup and tips over sometimes. He does swim around, too, he's not completely lethargic. I left for a while and came back and he was a little better. He ate and he had a bowel movement, so i'm sure he'll be okay, just needs a day or two. Right now he is in a cup because the 10 gal i have has a big crack and im going to get a new 10 gal tomorrow. I've never had a betta so stressed he tipped over, though, so i wanted to make sure he just needs to adjust and that i don't need to worry too much. Also, what can i do to help his stress?
Thank you for reading all of this and thank you if you reply, I appreciate it! (:

Last edited by Kato Aaron; 06-19-2011 at 04:12 AM. Reason: Wanted to fix some grammatical errors.
Kato Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 06:02 AM   #2 
CyerRyn

Lay something dark over the cup.. might help him feel more comfortable. Are you adding a conditioner to the water? They have conditioners out there that help with stress too, not sure how well they work though. I use one in my tanks seems to work though I only have one fish thats skittish. Once he's in the 10gal I'm sure he'll feel better. Are you cycling your new 10gal?
CyerRyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 03:56 PM   #3 
Kato Aaron

I use conditioners but usually only for chlorine and stuff. I have stress coat but never really use it. I'll put something dark over his cup to see if it helps :] also I'm not cycling my new 10 gal.. i dont really know what cycling is, haha. I've heard of it in the forum but still not sure.
Kato Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 05:12 PM   #4 
Oldfishlady

What size is the container, how did you acclimate him to the new source water and did he look and/or act this way at the fish shop or did it start after you introduced him to the new container and/or source water, what is the water temp.....can you post a pic.....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote