Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-19-2011, 12:29 PM   #11 
fightergirl2710

Hehehe! Maybe you could float some plants in there, that works too! I have some plastic tendrils floating in mine ^^
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 01:57 PM   #12 
JKfish

In my experience, water lettuce is a blessing :) They are great floaters, and their roots can get really long, so it's easy for your girls to hide in them when you have enough.
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 02:02 PM   #13 
fightergirl2710

JK fish, sorry this is off topic but what is the plant in your avatar? I have the same one but it seems to be turning yellow and I can't help but think I screwed up while planting it. I couldn't google it because I don't know the actual name just the colloquial name -_-... Any tips on keeping it?
Old 06-19-2011, 02:41 PM   #14 
JKfish

I have wisteria :) It's a great plant, but it needs a decent ammount of light. I've got mine in 2 wpg, but it'd probably do better with a wee bit more. If you just have gravel, I'd use plant tabs or switch to a substrate designed to give the plants the nutrients they need. I use fluorite, and it's great, but it was extremely messy and clouded up the water badly those first few days even though i rinsed it practically into oblivion.
Old 06-19-2011, 02:52 PM   #15 
fightergirl2710

Oooh thanks! Mine seems to have enough light (its fluorescent and white, I forgot the details and I threw away the packaging :P) but since I have it in just gravel.. No wonder >.< Lol! I'll get one of those bottles of fertilisers tomorrow so my plants will stop hating me! I have some amazon sword in there too.. It seems to be fine though. I plan to get more of it. Is wisteria a delicate plant?
Old 06-19-2011, 02:55 PM   #16 
JKfish

In my opinion it typically is so long as you give it the nutrients it needs. I don't exactly have a green thumb... I doubt anything delicate would last long under my care XD
Old 06-19-2011, 03:00 PM   #17 
fightergirl2710

Lol! Thanks for the info! I have a brown thumb myself! My sorority really needed some plants though... So I had to face it.
Sorry I hogged your thread sillycone, I'm done now C:
Old 06-19-2011, 03:06 PM   #18 
PewPewPew

Sillycone, if finding tall plants is hard for you, consider buying fake silk plants from a craft store.

There are lots of plants that look pretty real- especially when you look for leaves- ones similar to palm leafs, perhaps.

If you do get them, make sure they are not scented, have none of that fake looking "pollen" crap on it and have no exposed metal (no metal is BEST!). Soak for a few days with some AQ salt (try a palmfull) and watch for color leeching.

Put them in the back and youre good! :D
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 04:50 PM   #19 
SillyCone

hmm nice ideas.. :V

I have a whole week (ish) to decide how to get the floaty plants/fake ones :P I will think in what to do... Dang, my father already says my tank is bad because you can't see anything... LOL! XD
SillyCone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 07:14 PM   #20 
vaygirl

You can also use those suction cup heater brackets to hold plants up higher on the back. If you stick them to the back of the tank, it won't look unsightly. I don't know if you have extras but some of my heaters are being held by just one bracket. You could steal one from your other tanks if they have two. :)
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote