Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-20-2011, 10:51 AM   #11 
Sakura8

Are you serious? Ooooh, that's sooo much more important than fixing the overcrowded animal shelters and putting a stop to animal neglect.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 01:42 PM   #12 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo View Post
*giggles* know what PETA wanted one of our local schools to do? they promised 'em lots of money if the city council would change the name from Spearfish Elementary to Seakitten Elementary (because spearing fish is a bad thing, doncha know? and by golly, what kind of impression would that leave on our poor, innocent chilluns?)
lol thats funny and the school name is still cruel. i can understand spearfish but doesnt sea kitten conjure up images of dead cats floating in the ocean? they shouldve chose sea lions as its a aquatic animal than a cute furry mammal. i think another name change for the school is in order when the new organisaion head takes office. then again everyone is so obsessed with politically corrected terms.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 07:48 PM   #13 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nel3 View Post
lol thats funny and the school name is still cruel. i can understand spearfish but doesnt sea kitten conjure up images of dead cats floating in the ocean? they shouldve chose sea lions as its a aquatic animal than a cute furry mammal. i think another name change for the school is in order when the new organisaion head takes office. then again everyone is so obsessed with politically corrected terms.
Seakitten. It sounds like a raunchy nickname that a sailor would use. What the heck is a seakitten anyway? How about Bull Shark? The deadliest shark around, there's a team name that would strike fear into the hearts of . . . er, people who knew what a bull shark was. And this is an elementary. No teams. Back to the drawing board!
Old 06-21-2011, 02:33 AM   #14 
nel3

sea kittten does sound a bit raunchy too. they shoulve kept spear fish, atleast its a valid practice than tossing kittens into the water. bull shark elementary sound like a nightmare once a child finally asks his/her parents what a shark is. gotta love the double standards in society. looks like everyone is too darn hypersensitive about kids. like that brittish school that reprimanded a 7yr old boy for gun gestures playing soldiers.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:38 AM   #15 
Sakura8

But let that same 7 yr old boy play with a barbie doll . . .
Old 06-21-2011, 02:48 AM   #16 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
But let that same 7 yr old boy play with a barbie doll . . .
even boys and barbie dolls also come with another set of double standards .
Old 06-21-2011, 03:25 AM   #17 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nel3 View Post
even boys and barbie dolls also come with another set of double standards .
Yup. So true.

Back on topic. With my Petsmart, it's not just the bettas who aren't taken care of and in good health. It's their other fish, too. :( A lot of them have parasites and when they die, they leave the bodies in there for a long time, even when I point them out. So then the healthy fish gnaw on the dead as fish do and get the parasites that way and get sick and die and the cycle just continues. Such bad business. Grr.
Old 06-21-2011, 08:54 AM   #18 
Tikibirds

Quote:
*giggles* know what PETA wanted one of our local schools to do? they promised 'em lots of money if the city council would change the name from Spearfish Elementary to Seakitten Elementary (because spearing fish is a bad thing, doncha know? and by golly, what kind of impression would that leave on our poor, innocent chilluns?)
Didn't they also want to change the name of a catfish to something else at some point because it was somehow cruel to the fish? It was a few years ago and I forgot the details.

ETA found it
Quote:
PETA’s latest idiotic demand – fish are ‘sea kittens’

January 09, 2009
RADICAL international animal rights group PETA has launched its most bizarre campaign yet, demanding fish be renamed "sea kittens".
PETA – People For The Ethical Treatment of Animals – believes calling fish sea kittens will make sea food less appealing.
It wants to change the image of fish as slimy and slithery creatures by claiming they are similar to cuter, more popular animals. "Would people think twice about ordering fish sticks if they were called sea kitten sticks?" PETA asked on its website.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:07 AM   #19 
Littlebittyfish

I want a sea kitten <3 haha
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:14 AM   #20 
Littlebittyfish

Sea kittens <3!
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote