Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-20-2011, 06:33 PM   #11 
kngiraffe

alright, so i feel a littler relieved. we're gonna try to put the filter in right now just to see if the sponge we got will slow the currrent down.

do you think tap is better than spring?
kngiraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 05:54 PM   #12 
DarkMoon17

Tap is not only cheaper than spring, it is also better for the fish. It contains many nutrients that the fish would only be able to absorb from water. Just make sure you use a dechlorinator. Is he doing any better?
DarkMoon17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 08:37 PM   #13 
kngiraffe

he actually has been swiming around a lot more. and being more active. his tail is looking better and his fins aren't as clamped. he is on his 3day of medicine. he actually flared the first day of medication. i had a bobbing seahorse and i stuck it in there and he flared at it. hahaha. but he's been swimming in the current of the filter. he goes in to his cave and he like sees me walking towards the tank in the morning and comes swimming out. or when i turn the light on he comes out from his hiding spot all happy. he seems to be doing a lot better.

oh and since i have a 2.5 tank i need like .8ml so i'm using an old medicine dropper well the first day i had it in the water trying to just make sure i got all of the medicine out and he was chasing the dropper through the tank.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:04 PM   #14 
Sakura8

I'm so glad he's full of energy and spunk at least. That's good to hear because it means he's got a lot of fight in him. He sounds like a real character, too.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 10:25 PM   #15 
kngiraffe

awh thank you!! (: when we picked him out he was like swimming all through his bowl because i think he could see other betta's. he is definitely more lively then our one before.

it's funny because i named him after a throughbreed horse that was on abcfamily's show, wildfire because he would swim up and down up and down the one side of the tank and he would swim in the current of the filter. i said that was him "Racing" hahaha, pretty dumb but i liked it.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:40 PM   #16 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kngiraffe View Post
awh thank you!! (: when we picked him out he was like swimming all through his bowl because i think he could see other betta's. he is definitely more lively then our one before.

it's funny because i named him after a throughbreed horse that was on abcfamily's show, wildfire because he would swim up and down up and down the one side of the tank and he would swim in the current of the filter. i said that was him "Racing" hahaha, pretty dumb but i liked it.
What a good name for him. I actually named my three girls after racehorses, too. Zenyatta, named after the 2010 Horse of the Year; Goldikova, a champion turf racer from Europe who bites everyone in sight (and so does my girl Goldi); and Rachel Alexandra, named after the 2009 Horse of the Year. My girls aren't quite as zippy as your fellow is so they aren't quite living up to their racehorse namesakes.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 10:49 PM   #17 
kngiraffe

awwh they are cute names (: yeah that's why i knew instantly something was wrong with flame, because he's not one to not be active. like even right now he is swimming around his tank. but he is creeping around it.
Old 06-27-2011, 08:53 PM   #18 
kngiraffe

aaah! HELP!

he has like white under his gills. should i do a complete water change now. and see what happens?
Old 06-27-2011, 09:27 PM   #19 
DarkMoon17

If you have any concerns then do an immediate water change but please get us a pic too...
DarkMoon17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettafish, diseases, finrot, fungus