Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-20-2011, 12:12 PM   #21 
SillyCone

aaand tge methylene blue is expired since may of last year.... I have to go tomorrow change it because I didn't see.. I already put it on the aquarium... maybe it will work still..
SillyCone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 02:16 PM   #22 
DarkMoon17

I'm not familiar with the second med, so I'd use the Methylene Blue. Don't mix them... I'm not sure how they will mix.
DarkMoon17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 03:24 PM   #23 
ANHEL123

I don't know them either. I really recommending Epsom salt instead of using the medications u don't know about. I know Oldfishlady treated with Epsom salt. The post i put it actually from her post about her treating Pop-eye .Sand her PM she will help.

Did u try to find MARACYN 1 & 2 ?

I feel bad if u can't find it . I have it at home it would take 3 days to delivery. U can start with Epsom salt and u can ordered those med's on line.
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 03:33 PM   #24 
SillyCone

the epsom salt is just to remove the swelling, and it's already on the tank, about the medications... They are from trustworthy brands, I was reading about them, I'd say I will go for it since I already bought instead of waiting for an online delivery...

I think the eye is not getting any more bigger, which maybe is a good sign... I don't have any hope of him being able to see from it again, but he is cooping so far so good, at the rate it was going he was suppose to be dead already, really. I will go tomorrow morning change the expired medication and use it on him with the epsom salt.. I will keep posting on news.. Which I hope it will be good ones. =/

And no, I didn't find them, I did find Melafix though... Kinda expensive as well. But I didn't buy in the end.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:48 PM   #25 
youlovegnats

huurrrmmm...
My bf's betta had a severe case like this. It took 3 weeks to get rid of (and she ended up loosing her eye) >.<;
We did the AQ salt and the maracyn meds combined and it still took that long to get rid of. :/
We also brought the temp. up to 82F to help fight the infection.
youlovegnats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 03:51 PM   #26 
SillyCone

did it appeared in less than 12 hours as big as this as well?
Old 06-20-2011, 03:52 PM   #27 
youlovegnats

Yup! Like before it happened, nothing. She was perfectly fine and then BAM! POPEYE-STRAVOGANZA! O__o; It was so weird.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:54 PM   #28 
SillyCone

Dang... At least you ease my soul-pain knowing I'm not the only one having this weird nightmare... Also in a way is good to know even though it took almost a month it "healed" even though it compromised it's eye... Which I don't bother really... I just want my poor Fillet to be healthy again, with 2 or 1 eye. :P

And I like pirates :P
Old 06-20-2011, 03:58 PM   #29 
youlovegnats

Hahaha! Yeah she can only see on one side, but she's swimming around now like nothing ever happened.
Betta eye-patches! :D
Old 06-20-2011, 04:41 PM   #30 
DarkMoon17

You aren't going to mix medications correct? For now, treat with one med and epsom salt to reduce the swelling. Once the swelling has gone down you can switch the Aq. Salt.

Aq. Salt is the normal treatment for popeye but should not be used when the swelling is so bad. Using Aq. Salt will make the swelling worse and could very well make the eye come out.
DarkMoon17 is offline   Reply With Quote