Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-23-2011, 06:08 PM   #41 
SillyCone

lol someone bumped my thread. xD!

Fillet is doing fine... being better every day with a extreme slow recovery... Stupid mutant pop-eye.. O.o'

Anyway... As I was saying to NeilD, I had to put one of my females on QT inside his QT bowl... he is going mad in love with her.. making bubblenests and staying beside her.. but she can't dare to look away or he gets mad.. lol... he can't see well on his ill eye, that's easy to notice, not sure he will be totally blind but he indeed already lost partially of his sight... let's just way and see.. and no salt, just epsom and methylene blue... lots of medication got banned here in the UK due to Health And Safety for some reason and I think Tetrasomething got in that too. :P
SillyCone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 07:42 PM   #42 
kathstew

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyCone View Post

Fillet is doing fine... being better every day with a extreme slow recovery... Stupid mutant pop-eye.. O.o'

Anyway... As I was saying to NeilD, I had to put one of my females on QT inside his QT bowl... he is going mad in love with her.. making bubblenests and staying beside her.. but she can't dare to look away or he gets mad.. lol... he can't see well on his ill eye, that's easy to notice, not sure he will be totally blind but he indeed already lost partially of his sight... let's just way and see.. and no salt, just epsom and methylene blue... lots of medication got banned here in the UK due to Health And Safety for some reason and I think Tetrasomething got in that too. :P
They are both inside the bowl together? Is there anything dividing them?
kathstew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 08:19 PM   #43 
DarkMoon17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyCone View Post

That's great, I've been pretty worried about your boy with how serious his eye looked! It might take awhile for his eye to look normal again. He could regain sight, you never know. But it is good to know that Methylene blue is effective against these cases of "mutant" popeye. It's interesting that the UK has banned so many meds considering the UK uses animal Frontline (flea control) on convicts to control fleas and other "bugs" in jails lol

Last edited by DarkMoon17; 06-23-2011 at 08:22 PM.
DarkMoon17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 05:31 AM   #44 
SillyCone

lol yah... this country is weird indeed lol! XD

I could take a photo of him with updates but only later on, I'm really busy lately.. and no she was in a 1L qt tank while he was in a 1.5G gallon... pot.. lol! I moved her back to her aquarium after 2 days treatment with myxazin.. It looks like finrot but at the same time looks like a weird natural colour... Looks more like fin-rot but she is fine now... I will let it see, if it starts eating her fins then I will do a proper 7-10days treatment. :P

But yeah, I will post pics later. xD

oh and he started eating again like 3 days ago :D!
SillyCone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 06:53 PM   #45 
CrowntailTwitchy57

don't use vinager on the fish! (unless he is cooked and battered...)
CrowntailTwitchy57 is offline   Reply With Quote