Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-27-2011, 12:00 PM   #1 
newarkhiphop
Member
 
newarkhiphop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Could have a serious problem.....

Am going on vacation in 2 weeks for 2 weeks, had somebody that was going to feed my betta, bout now they also are going on vacation the last week am supposed to be back, which sums up to my betta not having any one to feed him or change his water for 5 days?

what can i do? i know ive seen automatic feeders on amazon , wonder how good they really are?

should i just up the number of times i feed him, help him gain some weight?

more importantly can a betta fish survive 5 days with out eating
newarkhiphop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 12:06 PM   #2 
Oldfishlady
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: USA
They will be fine without food for 5 days and longer for that matter......and water should be fine too for the 5 days....have the person taking care of the fish do a good water change and hold food the day before they leave.....water quality is more important than food in cases like this.....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 12:08 PM   #3 
orphansparrow
Member
 
orphansparrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Mexico
yes, as OFL said. i know for a fact that bettas can survive a while without food. i had a sick fish once who refused to eat for apx. 2 weeks. he is now happy and healthy, but at the time, i thought for sure he'd die of starvation. but nope!
orphansparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 12:34 PM   #4 
newarkhiphop
Member
 
newarkhiphop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfishlady View Post
They will be fine without food for 5 days and longer for that matter......and water should be fine too for the 5 days....have the person taking care of the fish do a good water change and hold food the day before they leave.....water quality is more important than food in cases like this.....

lol fish in your avatar look so much like mine

funny i was actually more worried about him eating than his water, right now i only do water changes on his one gallon every 5 days , but ok much more relieved to hear he will be fine with out food for those days
newarkhiphop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 03:28 AM   #5 
DormDrax
Member
 
DormDrax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: St. Louis, MO
Quote:
Originally Posted by orphansparrow View Post
yes, as OFL said. i know for a fact that bettas can survive a while without food. i had a sick fish once who refused to eat for apx. 2 weeks. he is now happy and healthy, but at the time, i thought for sure he'd die of starvation. but nope!
2 weeks?!

*Stares at Drax who pretty much tries to bite my hand off if I don't give him as much as he wants*

*Yells at tank*
Me: YOU'RE GOING ON A DIET!

Drax: But I is sick with bad eye! >(O.0)< (Lies and slander)

Me: Darn it... you're too cute! Here have a bloodworm!

Drax: JUST AS PLANNED!

Me: What was that?

Drax: Errrr... I WUV YOU! >(^.^)<

Me: D'awww! *Gives worm*

Drax: *NOMS* (To self) "Now to continue with my plans of murdering the remaining shrimp" >(>.>)<

Shrimp: ...
DormDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 11:51 PM   #6 
dramaqueen
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Central Texas
I was gone for 10 days last year and my fish were fed only 3 times and they were fine.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 07:39 AM   #7 
Neil D
Member
 
Neil D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Hiding from The Mods
Quote:
Originally Posted by DormDrax View Post
2 weeks?!

*Stares at Drax who pretty much tries to bite my hand off if I don't give him as much as he wants*

*Yells at tank*
Me: YOU'RE GOING ON A DIET!

Drax: But I is sick with bad eye! >(O.0)< (Lies and slander)

Me: Darn it... you're too cute! Here have a bloodworm!

Drax: JUST AS PLANNED!

Me: What was that?

Drax: Errrr... I WUV YOU! >(^.^)<

Me: D'awww! *Gives worm*

Drax: *NOMS* (To self) "Now to continue with my plans of murdering the remaining shrimp" >(>.>)<

Shrimp: ...
Haha! That was hysterical! I was like WTH?!?! Then I lol-ed!

If someone were to got to say, India for a month, how would that person make water changes easier for the substitute easier? (Sorry for the random question)

Last edited by dramaqueen; 05-30-2011 at 11:17 PM. Reason: Bad word!
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 10:33 AM   #8 
Lion Mom
Member
 
Lion Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: N.E. Wisconsin, U.S.A.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil D View Post
Haha! That was hysterical! I was like WTH?!?! Then I lol-ed!

If someone were to got to say, India for a month, how would that person make water changes easier for the substitute easier? (Sorry for the random question)
Do you lay awake at night thinking of these questions????

Last edited by dramaqueen; 05-30-2011 at 11:18 PM.
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 11:28 AM   #9 
Neil D
Member
 
Neil D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Hiding from The Mods
* stares around guiltily* no....

JK what Do you mean?
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:52 AM   #10 
paws
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
I've seen Betta fish survive without food for over 8 months. He'll be fine without food for 5 days. :)
paws is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Does anyone know what the problem could be? shell85 The Lounge 3 09-09-2010 01:47 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.