betta fish

Old 06-22-2011, 07:52 PM   #11 
lunawatsername

Name:Nahh
Color: blue
Tail Type: VT
How Old You Were When You Got Him/Her: 18
Personality: crazy! lol

Nahh (as in does this fish have a name? ...Nahh. lol) is totally hyper, he freaks when i get near his tank. he loves to EAT. this little guy can put t away lol the only beta i have that could eat more is my little girl Meek. (totally piggies lol) i love them! :D

lunawatsername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 11:21 PM   #12 
iLovededYou

Name: Rudy
Color: Red
Tail Type: Veil-tail
How Old You Were When You Got Him/Her: 4 years old
Personality:

Rudy was very relaxed and friendly and would eat from my hand. My mom would let me fish out the mosquito larvae from her plant pots in the backyard and feed them to Rudy. He absolutely loved them!

Age When Betta Died (If Dead)- 3 years old (Rough estimate. I don't remember exactly!)
Reason (If dead)- I always thought it was old age. But I was also little and didn't know anything about bettas, so I kept him in a very very tiny tank (maybe 2 pints, no more) without a heater. He lived for a couple/few years in it, though. I'm not sure :/
iLovededYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 11:17 AM   #13 
Loryen

Any more bettas, people?
Loryen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 12:25 PM   #14 
elijahfeathers

Name: Kazukai
Color: Blue-green
Tail Type: veiltail
How Old You Were When You Got Him/Her: 14ish
Personality:

Honestly because of the conditions I kept him in, he didn't have much personallity. I knew nothing about bettas at the time, and a woman had been selling them in this flea market, in little decorative bowls with a wavy top edge and a pretty ribbon tied around the rim. It couldn't have even been 1/4th a gallon-- but the whole set up was sold, + betta, + food, + a bottle of water for a water change that was recommended after 1-3 MONTHS. I loved him, I just never thought to question what the lady was telling me.

Age When Betta Died (If Dead)- 4 months after I purchased him?
Reason (If dead)- Freezing water in basement bedroom where he was kept, ammonia build up. 8C
elijahfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 04:26 PM   #15 
pinksnowme

Metal Betta That is the most amazing color change I have seen so far! Absolutely stunning He looks like he is lit with a fire from within.
pinksnowme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 04:36 PM   #16 
pinksnowme

Name: Blizzard
Color: Cellophane/white/peach
Tail Type: half moon
How Old You Were When You Got Him/Her: 41
Personality: He's a clown Very friendly to everyone. Blizzards swims nicely to any area near people to wave a fin and say hi Adjusts well to new situations. Neroticly addicted to marbles. Only flares at the color orange.

Seems I have been harboring a desire for a fish for a a long time. I have 4 happy parakeets and a wonderful husband. However I found myself trolling craigslist for something more. A dog was out of the question. A whole year went by. I then I saw Blizzard a striking white fish with happy eyes. (matured to a soft peach/pink color Just like Lion Mom's fish who's name was also Blizzard) I had to have him. I was going to have surgery so I had to wait a month. The owner waited for me and even turned down other requests.
Finally I got to bring him home. Cradled in my lap in a rubbermaid container we got to know eachother.
He came with odd pieces of aqua glass in his bowl. He got stuck twice. So I changed the glass to marbles. That is how he began his addiction to marbles.
He is in the center of the dining table. My husband an I roll marbles around during dinner time to entertain him ( and us)
I hope he lasts a long time
My dad has kept Bettas most of his life and is VERY excited that I have a new friend.
Attached Images

Last edited by pinksnowme; 06-23-2011 at 04:41 PM.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:53 PM   #17 
nel3

name: Nel (given full name: bubble face nelson) i just use Nel
Blue-red Male VT

i got him a month ago, atm im 24yrs old. not too sure of his behaviour but i know he's an agressive eater unafraid of jumping for food. he isnt too active but often is free swimming. i got the responsibility to take care of the fish because my brother won him in a name contest at a friend's wedding. he had no real attachment to the fish, just the usual "its just a fish" mind frame. i saw it more than just a fish. im probably the only one taking care of it or having any signifigant interest in it than just a fancy blue fish.

in a .5 gal tank, now its a 1 gal tank.

Last edited by nel3; 06-23-2011 at 04:58 PM.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 05:05 PM   #18 
pinksnowme

Nel looks like a nice pair of jeans :D
Old 06-23-2011, 05:09 PM   #19 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinksnowme View Post
Nel looks like a nice pair of jeans :D
unfortunately they dont have a size of jeans for him. if im lucky he wont be so in a few months, the red is coming in slowly.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 05:25 PM   #20 
pinksnowme

Quote:
Originally Posted by nel3 View Post
unfortunately they dont have a size of jeans for him. if im lucky he wont be so in a few months, the red is coming in slowly.
I can see the stripes of red coming now that you mentioned it