Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Art
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-18-2010, 09:32 AM   #1 
betta fish crazy

Buddy's tale

Ok, you know Buddy, that fish the girl got in the Aquablock video? (If you haven't seen it, here it is: http://www.thebalancingact.com/BA_vi...LKVI2924G01476

Here's the story of what happened to the fish afterwards.

Part 1
I had had a terrible day. I'd been poured into some sort of tiny box. A little girl's pet. That's what I am now.
As we left the room where I'd been poured into this death trap, the little girl's mother took me.
"I'm sure some little girl will want him," she said. "But really, of all the gifts she could have given you,this was the worst one."
"No, Mommy! I want him!" she screamed. "I want Buddy!"
"Oh, all right," her mother sighed.
I couldn't believe my ears. I wasn't wanted?
I was put on the little girls bookshelf and fed one pellet. One pellet! Oh great. What was this place?
I swam around even though I had no room, and then I heard a rrrripppp. My beautiful fins! The fake plant had ripped them. I felt no pain, only shame. I knew that however long the woman had assured my owner's mother that bettas live, I sure wasn't going to live that long.
The girl only fed me one pellet a day! When she changed my water (which was rarely), I stayed in the death trap while the water crashed around me. I hated this place.
Then, one day, the mother picked my box up and took me outside. Suddenly realization crashed down on me. I was being sold!

Last edited by betta fish crazy; 12-18-2010 at 09:34 AM.
betta fish crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 11:34 AM   #2 
betta fish crazy

Part 2
My box was put into a bigger one. It was oddly shaped. Then it started to move. I flared at everything as it flashed past. I was terrified of what would come.

Then the big box stopped moving. We were at the place where I'd first been given to the little girl.

The woman picked me up and marched in.

"I find it highly inappropriate that you gave my daugther this-this creature!" she shrieked, shoving my death trap of a tank under the nose of a disapproving man.

"Of, course, of course," he said, taking my tank. "I will arrange for it to be disposed of."

Disposed of! I was a live creature, not a piece of trash!

The man took my tank and set me on his desk. I was left to await my fate. But at the end of the day, he turned off the lights and left. Had I been forgotten? If fish could cry, I would have been sobbing. Instead I swam over to the corner of my tank and rested as best I could with thoughts of my (sure to be horrible) future.

I was a living creature who needed food! When would the man come back? I didn't know, I could only wait in my cold, unheated tank.
Old 12-18-2010, 02:39 PM   #3 
baylee767

good story! I love the idea of basing it off of the aquablock.
baylee767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 03:22 PM   #4 
betta fish crazy

Thanks, baylee767!

Part 3
The next day, the man arrived. He picked me up and took me to a familiar place-the pet store!

Oh no, I thought. Not again!

The man walked up to the counter. "Do you take refunds?" he asked. "This fish was not right for the part."

"What?" the salesgirl asked.

"The part of SuperFish in a new musical," the man said. I had no idea what he was talking about, and the salesgirl didn't either. She rolled her eyes.

"We don't take refunds on live animals," she said.

"I don't care, just take the fish," the man said. Then he left.

"Poor little guy," the salesgirl whispered to me. "SuperFish, huh? I think he made that up on the spot. Anyway, we need to get you out of that tank."

At the end of the day she took me home to a large, filtered and heated tank.

"Here you go," she said, pouring me in.

Well, now I live with her. She feeds me more than one pellet a day, and in the clean water, my fins healed right up.

Oh, I have a new name, too. It's Freddy. Don't you like that better than Buddy?

The End
Old 12-18-2010, 05:18 PM   #5 
Nutt007

Quote:
Originally Posted by betta fish crazy View Post
Thanks, baylee767!

Part 3
The next day, the man arrived. He picked me up and took me to a familiar place-the pet store!

Oh no, I thought. Not again!

The man walked up to the counter. "Do you take refunds?" he asked. "This fish was not right for the part."

"What?" the salesgirl asked.

"The part of SuperFish in a new musical," the man said. I had no idea what he was talking about, and the salesgirl didn't either. She rolled her eyes.

"We don't take refunds on live animals," she said.

"I don't care, just take the fish," the man said. Then he left.

"Poor little guy," the salesgirl whispered to me. "SuperFish, huh? I think he made that up on the spot. Anyway, we need to get you out of that tank."

At the end of the day she took me home to a large, filtered and heated tank.

"Here you go," she said, pouring me in.

Well, now I live with her. She feeds me more than one pellet a day, and in the clean water, my fins healed right up.

Oh, I have a new name, too. It's Freddy. Don't you like that better than Buddy?

The End
Gosh, you are pulling at my heart like a harp!
Nutt007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 07:46 PM   #6 
baylee767

Lol I love the ending. "Oh, and my new name is Freddy. Don't you like it better than Buddy?" Good story!
baylee767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 04:29 PM   #7 
TaylorW

Aww, yay! I can only hope such a happy ending came to the real Buddy the betta...
TaylorW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 07:22 PM   #8 
Nutt007

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorW View Post
Aww, yay! I can only hope such a happy ending came to the real Buddy the betta...
I hope so! ;)
Nutt007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 05:45 PM   #9 
FishyFriend1

ugh, those stupid blocks disgust me! "oh, and the fish can stay in the tank while you clean!!"
FishyFriend1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 01:16 AM   #10 
Creat

Puddle fish "they live the the water filled footprints of the workers" made me wana slap that lady silly >:( Oh and you can "leave the fish on sunday and come back on monday" but excuse me you need to change that water everyday...

Great story too I really hope it happened to that fish.
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote