Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-20-2011, 05:16 PM   #1 
Betty

Smile Forest green or lavender/purple betta wanted!

Hi guys, I am wanting a "forest green" or lavender coloured siamese fighterfish-female-halfmoon-for around september time, preferably in uk, if anyone knows someone who has one or has one themself plz let me know!!!Thanks :)
Betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 09:55 PM   #2 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty View Post
Hi guys, I am wanting a "forest green" or lavender coloured siamese fighterfish-female-halfmoon-for around september time, preferably in uk, if anyone knows someone who has one or has one themself plz let me know!!!Thanks :)
Best bet is to check Aquabid.com. There are some insanely gorgeous bettas on there. The colouring you want is so specialized, probably only a breeder will have them.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 11:46 PM   #3 
Tisia

yeah, you might have to search for a while, true greens and purples are pretty rare. most purples are blue with a red wash, or red with a blue wash
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 01:06 AM   #4 
Sakura8

And I can't say I've ever seen an actual pure green betta. They're always teal green.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:26 AM   #5 
Tisia

I've seen pictures of a few but yeah generally "green" means more of a greenish blue
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 02:40 AM   #6 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisia View Post
I've seen pictures of a few but yeah generally "green" means more of a greenish blue
dont forget that they even put down the colour names different from the fish just to get more views on them. i was looking for a green betta or marble colour pattern and i finally found it under an unassuming name of marble dt.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 02:45 AM   #7 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nel3 View Post
dont forget that they even put down the colour names different from the fish just to get more views on them. i was looking for a green betta or marble colour pattern and i finally found it under an unassuming name of marble dt.
I envy those people who just "happen" to find marbles at their Wal-Mart, Petsmart, or Petco. All I usually see are red, blue, and off-white, sometimes gold. I've only seen one marble at my Petco and I didn't know how rare they were or I would have gotten him.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:38 AM   #8 
Betty

Thanks guys, will give the website a try :)
Betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 04:07 PM   #9 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
I envy those people who just "happen" to find marbles at their Wal-Mart, Petsmart, or Petco. All I usually see are red, blue, and off-white, sometimes gold. I've only seen one marble at my Petco and I didn't know how rare they were or I would have gotten him.
ive seen a blue/red/purple marble at a pet store near me. blueish red body red in middle of fins and clear on fin edges. its still probably there now. id love to get it but my hearts isnt into it yet. the green marble stole my heart and its not even here yet, much less no finalised shipping date (end of june). id love to get the red/blue marble but ive reached my betta limit for now (2 betta blue VT 1gal, green marble 2.5gal). my parents wont be too happy to see 3rd fish atm and i only have a .5gal that will serve as future QT. thankfully if all goes well i'll be moving out in september and hope there's money and space if i ever get that marble.

Last edited by nel3; 06-21-2011 at 04:10 PM.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 04:15 PM   #10 
Tomsk

Try asking some of your local fish shops.My local one in Gloucester orders in their Bettas from Thailand.I was able to specify a colour & fin type and they ordered in 3 of that kind.I had first choice and the other two were sold as usual in their shop.

Tomsk
Tomsk is offline   Reply With Quote