Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-24-2011, 05:26 PM   #21 
Abby

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkrealm View Post
Abby- oh, I think I see how the response stemmed, sorry haha,
it may have een fin rot that developed once they were already there.... unless they usually take good care of their bettas in store? all our bettas at our store generally have it, some worse than others,and their water is filthy. they just don't take care of them very well <T^T>

and ah D: poor fish :/ maybe it's required for quarantine, I'm not sure how all that works... still though :( at least she told you >< that was nice of her ^-^;
and it would suck if you picked out a fish and found out it had been culled D:

also does your boy himself have fin rot from the store? or are they're crowns really short when they're young?
or come to think of that, is it just the style of the crown? ^-^; I've never had one before so I'm not sure how their tails go ^-^; they're really gorgeous though <3

no this was mass fighting and low quality fish to begin with due to a different supplier one fih had NO fins at all bar a whisp of tail. i felt so bad for him.

Marsh is only about 3 months old so hes still growing his rays will lengthen as he grows. no no in rot he was the exception of the batch :)
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 05:32 PM   #22 
LittleBettaFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby View Post
lol my bad, ill try again. There were like 9 males and Marshall was the ONLY one with no fin damage. apparently they are using a crap supplier atm, Marsh was the only good one and he was there a week!

also found out today not to buy from overseas ( atm) as apparently they are culling one in every 10 (?) fish to autopsy for diseases if there is disease present then the entire shipment are culled. and she advised me not to buy any of her stock till after stocktake as the quality is bad (shes really nice)
Are you talking about the new batch-testing legislation? That doesn't come into effect until September and will effectively stop importation of anything but mass-produced, poor-quality bettas. I'm pretty sure you can still import in your betta and not have AQIS kill it. I know Jodi-Lea is still getting in imports from Thailand.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 06:08 PM   #23 
inkrealm

awww poor guy D:

so I guess on crowntails it's easy to guess their age ^-^ good to know, thankyou :D
I'm glad he's good and healthy :D
inkrealm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:49 PM   #24 
Abby

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
Are you talking about the new batch-testing legislation? That doesn't come into effect until September and will effectively stop importation of anything but mass-produced, poor-quality bettas. I'm pretty sure you can still import in your betta and not have AQIS kill it. I know Jodi-Lea is still getting in imports from Thailand.

not sure hey i havent imported anything yet. But she also told me that there isnt much point in buying from her till stocktakes over and they go back to their other supplier then the fish quality will pick up
Old 06-24-2011, 10:11 PM   #25 
LittleBettaFish

No worries. Just thought I'd let you know just in case. The cost of importing a single betta over here is so astronomical I just can't bring myself to justify it. We really need some more good breeders here <sigh>.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 05:24 PM   #26 
Abby

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
No worries. Just thought I'd let you know just in case. The cost of importing a single betta over here is so astronomical I just can't bring myself to justify it. We really need some more good breeders here <sigh>.
whatchu talkin bout we got GREAT breeders here ill inbox you the site i have 9 fish i bought from sydney nd i want so many more lol