Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-21-2011, 04:20 PM   #1 
Arashi Takamine

Favorite places your betta likes to hang out

So after a lot of thinking I got curious since my boys love having their own hiding places. Akira's bamboo is his favorite place as the leaves hold his weight and he sleeps there all the time. It's his favorite place to chill.

Kai however...His dragon and his big silk plant are his absolute favorites. He actually will go into the dragons mouth but comes back out quickly. We're watching him carefully though but he loves going in there (you know how curious betta's are. ) And pops out quickly. He loves that thing since he also sleeps on top of it.

So where do your betta's hang out?
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 07:27 PM   #2 
Tanni

Ahto adores laying in the corner right by my labtop. He always perks up when I sit at my computer and start browsing the internet. Sometimes he'll flare when I look at videos of other betta fish. I decided to add a plant that looks like tall grass in the corner so he has something to lay on besides the marbles at the bottom of the tank. He hangs out in the corner much more often then the places that I've added plants to as well.
Tanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:15 PM   #3 
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

Two of my betta girls like to hang out at Starbucks...
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:27 PM   #4 
Silverfang

my Scuzi loves his floating plants, he's always napping in them, or, as I have been told, blowing some amazing bubblenests around them! He also liked to go into his little ruined temple, for some reason he didn't take it as a place to hide, but a place to flare. Of course he has realized in the ruined temple means momma can't go crazy with pictures
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:36 PM   #5 
iLovededYou

My betta absolutely loves his flatleaf silk plant i bought from Petco! He sleeps in it and it's always his hiding spot when he gets scared.
iLovededYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:38 PM   #6 
Jessabell

Sozin loves near the filter, and Dragon likes to be by the thermometor lol. (sp)
Jessabell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 02:10 AM   #7 
Ashleigh

Candy, the new girl, has rocks scattered around her tank with some overlapping. She loves to go beneath them at the bits where they rise. As for Peewee.... he just loves being out in the open and flaring at the front of the tank.
Ashleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 02:35 AM   #8 
Arashi Takamine

Aww!

@Silverfang - That sounds really funny. Like he had a dog house to guard.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 06:14 AM   #9 
CyerRyn

Sazzer likes to sleep either in the cave with his head just barely poking out or right between the glass and the heater.

Bubbles likes his shot glass... but the moment he hears me or see's me he's out of it in a flash with his mouth to the glass.

Brownie likes to sleep behind his mug.. I don't see him go inside it too often.

Bloo loves to sleep in his mug but if he's awake he's showing off his crowntail fins for me at the glass.

Trogdor scared me for a while cuz he'd disappear in this ruin thing I have... but he usually hangs by the filter.

Finally Amidala likes to hide in the floating plants but she's mostly found looking for food on the gravel. She looks so silly like she's trying to do a headstand.
CyerRyn is offline   Reply With Quote