Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-27-2012, 10:56 AM   #1 
fgradowski

Betta games, toys, etc.

Do you guys have any games that you play with your betta? Or any toys that your betta loves?

I'd like to get some ideas for Algernon. He likes to swim over towards me and look at me like he wants to play, but I'm not sure how to. I did dip a piece of embroidery floss in his tank and went "fishing" for him. He'd bite at the thread. But that's about it when it comes to games with him.
fgradowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:40 PM   #2 
Sena Hansler

My one betta is fascinated by floating plastic clear balls. Mirrors are good for exercise too! Usually anything new or foreign they tend to "play" with. You can also get them to jump for food, or merely chase your finger.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:58 PM   #3 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Perseus loves when I play flashlight with him, I just shine a little one around his tank and he searches for the light...lol We both have fun ! You can also use a cat laser toy just be careful and dont shine it in their eyes.
Perseusmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:34 PM   #4 
fgradowski

Algernon tends to flare at my finger...and the flashlight doesn't really effect him. It might now that he's in a bigger tank. I'll some of these a try! Thanks.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:35 PM   #5 
Kitty Whiskers

My Male Bettas love the floating mirror by ZooMed. It is a small clear plastic ball with a non glass mirror attatched to it that floats near the surface of the water. My Bettas all love to chase it and flair at themselves in the mirror.
Kitty Whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:47 PM   #6 
meganlbetta

Great ideas, I heard they love the little floaty balls that they can push around the surface. When i'm at work, i try to place random objects right beside their tank so they can spend hours studying it and checking it out. I'm sure the mirros work great but depending on the fish, it might get too stressed out by the reflection so maybe make sure its for shorter periods of time :) I also read where you can train fish to jump through underwater hoops!
meganlbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:01 PM   #7 
hynesh9792

I use my pipette that use to test my water and blow bubbles by him and squirt water on him. He LOVES it. When i squirt water on him it pushes him down like the outflow of a filter but he loves it and comes back for more lol
hynesh9792 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:05 PM   #8 
meganlbetta

Awe I love that bubble game, it sounds soo cute!!!
meganlbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:06 PM   #9 
fgradowski

Actually, there is one thing that Algernon used to really enjoy! I'd dip my finger in the tank and get a nice size drop formed on my finger then touch the outside of the tank so that the drip would run. He'd chase it and nip at it! It was soooo funny!
I used to move his tank around when I had him in the tiny 1/2 gallon. Now that he's in the 3 gallon I don't have many places to move him to...but he always enjoys when I am near him.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:14 PM   #10 
twolovers101

I made a cut out shape of a betta fish from a left over black piece of paper and use that to play with Shosta lol, though he flares at just about anything if it's black. Earlier today my fiance was on his laptop infront of the tank (about half a foot away because it sits on my desk) and the silly fish sees it and starts flaring at the laptop because it was black xD So my fiance put a grey bucket inbetween the computer and the tank, and Shosta would swim around his tank until he found a place where he could see the laptop and started flaring at it again. They made a game out of it for a few minutes, kind of like hide and seek xD
twolovers101 is offline   Reply With Quote