Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-23-2011, 03:28 AM   #11 
creativek14

nope, he eats zilch and I shall try that when I find my moms old turkey baster...
creativek14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 03:30 AM   #12 
Sakura8

Hopefully the turkey baster will work. He sounds like's sick. A healthy betta will eat anything, especially bloodworms. Check your ammonia for him. Does he look thin or does he still look fine? Hopefully he does't look bloated.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 03:32 AM   #13 
Bettawolf19

Just wanted to add when adding the salt make sure to pre disolve it in a cup or something before adding it into the water :).

perhaps not feed him for a day and keep his tank dark then try to feed him the next day?
Bettawolf19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 10:00 AM   #14 
BettaFishRule

Can i ask you guys a questin my betta wont eat pellets he eats them then spits them back up then when they get stuck between his rocks he dose a nose dive trying to get them it seems that he wants them but cant swallow them
BettaFishRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 10:37 AM   #15 
Sakura8

BettaFishRule, it sounds like the pellets are too big for him. When that's the case, he has to let them soften in the tank water to be able to eat them, but of course he doesn't know that so he just keeps trying to swallow them whole. Try breaking the pellet up into smaller pieces or get smaller pellets and see if that helps. Or try pre-soaking his pellet in tank water so it's soft before feeding him.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:41 AM   #16 
creativek14

He didnt even try to eat it, he looked at me like 'what is this? why are you bothering me?' and swam to the other side of the tank :/ and they rarely sell bloodworms around here, and my mom would kill me if i order anything else for all these fish offline -_-
Old 06-24-2011, 09:12 AM   #17 
Sakura8

This is one stubborn guy! It's possible that he's either still settling in or he had some kind of illness when you got him and we just don't know what it is is yet. For now, keep trying to feed him and remove what he won't eat after 10 minutes. If he's just being a brat or settling in, then sooner or later hunger will take over and he'll have to eat. If he's sick, we won't know what it is until he shows some more symptoms because lack of appetite could mean anything. Keep an eye on his weight so he doesn't get too skinny. I'm reluctant to try medicines on him when we don't even know if he is sick or what it is he might have. All we can do is wait a few days. Hopefully someone else will post with some more advice, too.
Old 06-24-2011, 09:06 PM   #18 
creativek14

he hasnt lost weight, he still looks healthy tho, aside from his staying on the bottom of his tank like a diva all day. he has no symptoms watsoever aside from acting like a rock. At times he gets spurts of energy but other then that he doesnt move much, i dont think i've ever seen him float about either
Old 06-24-2011, 09:11 PM   #19 
Sakura8

He's definitely a puzzle, that's for sure. I'm really at a loss now. You could try . . . hmm, you could try getting some frozen NO SALT ADDED peas. Put one in boiling water for two minutes, then put it in ice water for another minute. Cut the pea in half and take out a piece from the middle, absolutely no bigger than the size of one of his pellets. It wil seem like too little but it's the right size. Try and see if he'll eat that. It may stimulate his appetite. Only feed this to him once, though, just to see if he will eat something. Too much pea could harm him.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:26 PM   #20 
DarkMoon17

I sort of skimmed this so if I repeat something sorry!

Do you have any other bettas/fish? If so, put his tank next the other tank so they can see one another. Feed the other fish in front of him and see if that helps. Sometimes competition can get them eating again.

Another option is putting him outside (if it is warm enough) or placing the tank in sunlight. Natural light does wonders.

Have you tried live food? If you can catch a fruit fly or a maggot that might interest him.
DarkMoon17 is offline   Reply With Quote