Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-23-2011, 05:06 AM   #21 
fightergirl2710

:) I guess... But we really are gluttons for punishment.. We know its going to happen but we still have to do it.. At least it's for a good cause right?
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 05:14 AM   #22 
Sakura8

You said it. Must be that nurturing thing we women are supposed to have for helpless critters.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 05:18 AM   #23 
fightergirl2710

yep yep
Old 06-23-2011, 09:20 AM   #24 
DarkMoon17

I'm so sorry Sakura :( Dropsy is a really hard one to fight. She had probably been pineconned for some time before you got her... Nurturing is definitely a woman thing, thats why women are taking over veterinary care. You don't see male vets very often!
DarkMoon17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 09:27 AM   #25 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMoon17 View Post
I'm so sorry Sakura :( Dropsy is a really hard one to fight. She had probably been pineconned for some time before you got her... Nurturing is definitely a woman thing, thats why women are taking over veterinary care. You don't see male vets very often!
You know, now that you mention it, that's true. The majority of veterinarians at the clinic we use ARE women. And all of the vets we see have been women, never the men 'cause they had no "bedside" manner for the cats.

Thanks for your help, DarkMoon, I'm not sure I could have done it without you, especially the meds advice and the dosing (oh why do I suck at math so?!). Yeah, dropsy is usually a sign the end is near, isn't it? Especially that severe. If fluid is building up that much, the organs must be in pretty bad shape.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:55 AM   #26 
frogipoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMoon17 View Post
O.O I see male vets a lot.... O.o
But I see women vets more :D
Sorry about the pretty girl you lost. Dropsy is very fatal in later stages :(
frogipoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 09:55 AM   #27 
fightergirl2710

So sad :(
I hate guy vets btw, they never listen to what you have to say and keep insisting that they're right and that you know nothing.. (eg. Your turtle is in hibernation so he has become lethargic and has closed his eyes... Me: It's the middle of May you ignoramus! Him: No I'm telling you, I know! I'm a vet.. Me: *walks out of there*)
Old 06-23-2011, 10:01 AM   #28 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightergirl2710 View Post
I hate guy vets btw, they never listen to what you have to say and keep insisting that they're right and that you know nothing.. (eg. Your turtle is in hibernation so he has become lethargic and has closed his eyes... Me: It's the middle of May you ignoramus! Him: No I'm telling you, I know! I'm a vet.. Me: *walks out of there*)
One male vet we saw insisted our cat was too fat and that we needed to exercise him. We were like, dude, have you EVER tried to get a cat to exercise? It's impossible short of using a cattle prod and uh, I think that's animal cruelty. Our lovely lady vet whom we see most frequently later discovered the same "fat and lazy" cat had a bone spur at the base of his tail that made moving difficult for him.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:01 AM   #29 
frogipoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightergirl2710 View Post
lol. My dude vet actually knows stuff ;)
Rangom joke (down)
Male Vet: Um..... (looks at papers)
Me: *waits*
Girl vet: Ppst, the dog has an injured knee~ >:(
Him: Oh your dog has an injured hee.
Me: WHAT? >.<
Him: An injured hee.
Her: AN INJURED KNEE (sighs)
^ Not true but funny XD
frogipoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 10:01 AM   #30 
Sakura8

But there I go again. I told you, I have no self-control, I can get off topic with just two words: off topic.