Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-24-2011, 06:03 PM   #11 
DarkMoon17

You can go as high as 3tsp/gal with the Epsom if you make the change gradually. That could make him feel more comfortable. Unfortunately you won't see immediate improvement if it is a parasite since treating them takes time. I really hope he pulls through...
DarkMoon17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 06:25 PM   #12 
LittleBettaFish

Unfortunately boy passed away sometime during the night . The tank looks so empty without him. He used to be so naughty like getting through the divider and 'owning' both sides of the tank.

Since I was concerned that he might have been infected with something transmittable, I poked his stomach with a pin to see if anything came out. Oddly enough, it was just all air (or clear fluid I couldn't see) and deflated back to its usual size. I'm suspecting there was some underlying organ failure or damage that caused his death.

Hopefully I don't see anything like this again. I think I'll just hit it right away with anti-bacterial meds instead of messing around with salt and fasting.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 06:35 PM   #13 
BettaFishRule

Rember he is swiming with the angel fish
BettaFishRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 08:45 PM   #14 
DarkMoon17

So sorry about your boy :( It sounds like he either had an abscess or was severely impacted... You did everything you could, sadly treating fish has it's limits. I'm sorry we couldn't be of more help.
DarkMoon17 is offline   Reply With Quote