Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-26-2011, 11:30 AM   #11 
Wyvern

Heheh thanks Dramaqueen :D Im really proud of them! They are all over the show, very fast, and I swear they are a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitle bigger and getting more colour already!. So far Ive been giving them something of everything except the microworms I was given. I felt the microworms are where this breeder went wrong since feeding them that for so long has slowed their growth. And these babies love daphnia (however you spell that!), chopped up bloodworms, chopped up mysis as well as crushed pellets.
After staring at them for hours (I cant help it Ive never had fish this young before nor this tiny!) Ive noticed the one's eyes are a bit funky. s/he has one eye that is almost double the size of the other eye. But it definately doesnt affect him/her since its the greedy one of the bunch - waiting for me in the morning for their food and first to find the new food.
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 03:02 AM   #12 
Betty

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
Heheh thanks Dramaqueen :D Im really proud of them! They are all over the show, very fast, and I swear they are a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitle bigger and getting more colour already!. So far Ive been giving them something of everything except the microworms I was given. I felt the microworms are where this breeder went wrong since feeding them that for so long has slowed their growth. And these babies love daphnia (however you spell that!), chopped up bloodworms, chopped up mysis as well as crushed pellets.
After staring at them for hours (I cant help it Ive never had fish this young before nor this tiny!) Ive noticed the one's eyes are a bit funky. s/he has one eye that is almost double the size of the other eye. But it definately doesnt affect him/her since its the greedy one of the bunch - waiting for me in the morning for their food and first to find the new food.
Congrats on the babies, I agree with you that the breeder's downfall was feeding them micro worms constantly, then need variety lol, it sounds like they have you wrapped round their...well little fin I guess!!!lol good luck, maybe feeding morning noon and night with just a couple of things at a time, daphnia will be great for them as it's also a laxative for gloating and swim bladder etc, good luck, let us know how it goes soon!!!
Betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 03:15 AM   #13 
kif3

naw XD thay are so cute :33 goodluck with it all, hope they grow quick! ^^
kif3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 11:51 AM   #14 
Wyvern

Yep they are being spoiled rotten! Im feeding them daphnia in the morning, chopped bloodworms at lunch and crushed pellets at night. So far the pellets and bloodworms seems to be the favourite. And they are already used to me! When Im cleaning the tank (I do 2 25% changes a day one in the morning and one in the evening) they come say hi and swim around my hand. Im going to be so sad if one of these kids turns out to be a boy. But then again Ive already made an arrangement that if one of them is a boy, my brother will take him and give him a home in a 2 gallon filtered tank he saw and I fell in love with but cant afford it.
Old 07-01-2011, 04:55 AM   #15 
Wyvern

Meh, one of the kids is looking a bit unhappy. S/He barely swims, hangs out at the top of tank and when s/he swims its almost as if its only the one side of the body that moves. But I can see its little fins moving, s/he was eating last nite but now just hangs out at the top of the tank floating on the anachris leaves. This one actually also grew a few milimeters in the last week.

The other two are still tiny but they do seem a bit bigger. The all love bloodworms the most - so I finely chop that for them and feed it. Plus Daphnia as well.
Old 07-01-2011, 03:34 PM   #16 
Loryen

No advice, but I hope your little kid gets better I'm sorry, but may I ask where you got them from??
Loryen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 04:18 PM   #17 
Wyvern

A local breeder bred them, but I found out when I got them from her that she is 12 and this was her first time breeding. She definitively didnt feed them right, all three that I got has grown a little bit tho since I got them, but yea it looks like he cant move his tail much. But he (im assuming its a he since I really cant sex these kids yet) does manage to eat and swim from the bottom of the tank to the top. Ill give him a few days and watch him. The otehr two are still tiny compared to him but at least they are growing and they are eating everything I give them. Ive been feeding them 4 times a day and after an hour after feeding I remove the little left over food. As well as 2 water changes a day (small ones about 25% at a time). The water that they came in wasnt the cleanest so I figure I rather over do the water changes - Im using aged water I have on standby with some prime in.

The other two kids are very active and I have one that definitively knows im their food source, when it seems me it swims to the front of the tank and does a little mini happy dance. So Im taking my chances on them and see what happens. Altho Im already attached to them.
Old 07-02-2011, 10:36 AM   #18 
dramaqueen
Banned

Aww, I hope he/she will be ok! Just keep an eye on him/her and hopefully he/she will be ok.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 11:25 AM   #19 
Wyvern

Unfortunately he/she didnt make it. This morning I did their water change and noticed he/she was at the bottom of the tank not moving a fin. Left him for incase maybe i looked wrong but 30mins later he still was in the same spot so I used a cup to get him out and where he would normally swim away the body just floated into the cup.

I felt bad the whole day! But at least I know I tried, I added a small piece of driftwood to the tank (more so that it can soak out the last tannins before it goes into the big tank next week with some anubis that my LPS will get for me.) the other two loveeeeeeee the driftwood. They have been swimming around it non stop all afternoon. Both still have a healthy appetite they ate the pinch of chipped bloodworms in 2 mins. Will give them some more before I go to sleep.

In my head I keep telling myself the fact that two of them are very active I must be doing something right. But I did feel very sad, I become way to attached to my fishie friends so fast.
Old 07-04-2011, 07:09 PM   #20 
Loryen

Aw, I'm so sorry for your loss. Don't blame it on yourself, you took very good care of them. And, as you said, you've got 2 beautiful babies who you will now probably value even more. RIP
Loryen is offline   Reply With Quote